Wiki Posts
Search

New service on European flights effective dec 10

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
New service on European flights effective dec 10

Effective december 10th 2015 will introduce new service rings on board KLM/KLC flights and adapted service

Background of the idea is to save on flight attendants(-1 on short ring flights and SVO) and to introduce a 737-800 with new/more seats and smaller galley.

Service rings now consist of
Short/Medium/Long and Xtra Long/SVO-IST will be replaced by
Short up to 70 min , Medium up to 120 min and Long over 120 minutes

In economy Short and medium will give u all day a vega sandwich and a cooky and watercup a long with limited drinks . No more sweet/savoury snacks or choices(time-consuming for crew ) beverage options will be slightly limited (coffee/thea/water/juice/beer/wine etc)
On Long flights u will receive a hot snack and a cake. Hot meal service in y to IST/SVO will be discontinued however destinations like Mad will receive more service then before. ARN/FCO/BUD will receive new Medium service.

In EBC a new special signature dish designed by a Dutch Cheff should ensure a better experience.

On a different note EBC and WBC on board upgrades have recently been drastically reduced
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
In what way will the beverages be 'limited'. Does that also apply to the long band flights.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by splflyer

In EBC a new special signature dish designed by a Dutch Cheff should ensure a better experience.

On a different note EBC and WBC on board upgrades have recently been drastically reduced
Thanks for the info! Any details on the reduction of onboard upgrades? I have not seen any on short or longhaul...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Service rings now consist of
Short/Medium/Long and Xtra Long/SVO-IST will be replaced by
Short up to 70 min , Medium up to 120 min and Long over 120 minutes

On Long flights u will receive a hot snack and a cake. Hot meal service in y to IST/SVO will be discontinued
Sad to hear this , no more food to istanbul and noscow . But i have one question , which european flights last 120mins or more ????

Background of the idea is to save on flight attendants(-1 on short ring flights and SVO) and to introduce a 737-800 with new/more seats and smaller galley.

Now i know where klm is going , soon instead of sandwiches you will receive crackers and biscuits , and only drink available will be water. Then you will have to pay for the food / drink
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Drastically reduced - in what way?

In cost?
In availability?
In desirability?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two
But i have one question , which european flights last 120mins or more ????
destinations such as LIS, MAD, FCO, ATH...

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Now i know where klm is going , soon instead of sandwiches you will receive crackers and biscuits , and only drink available will be water. Then you will have to pay for the food / drink
Depending on the time of day you fly, you already don't get a sandwich. I haven't seen a sandwich on KLM in years.

If you could pay for food, at least there is a chance you could have something you actually wanted to eat on board.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AMS-LIS would be an example of an intraEU flight well over two hours.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Dont worry no more biscuits and snacks on any flight from dec 10th as mentioned
Flights over 120 min incl mad/bcn /kbp etc but not Arn/Fco and will receive more service in y class then previous

Even on a flight to CPH you will get a sandwich all day..some of u here might be happy about that ..then again i guess there will be always something to complain...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "hot snack"? Sth like a slice of pizza served before arrival on TATL flights?

I'm flying KBP on Dec 10, so looking forward to seeing the "more service"
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
destinations such as LIS, MAD, FCO, ATH....
Sorry i was thinking about the 180mins of IST flights.

Depending on the time of day you fly, you already don't get a sandwich. I haven't seen a sandwich on KLM in years.
I ve seen them last month as usual , but now iam thinking about buying my food before and bring it in the plane

If you could pay for food, at least there is a chance you could have something you actually wanted to eat on board.
Ok but iam scared that choice will be limited to some non-cooked food and of course it will be cold and expensive
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
What will destination Osl get?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ok986
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "hot snack"? Sth like a slice of pizza served before arrival on TATL flights?
Yes, *exactly* that. Its the same product. Generally its a square slice of something resembling pizza, (half?) a wrap with chicken, or some focaccia-like sandwich.

Sandwiches are currently served on almost all flights in the morning (even short ones), but after breakfast only the longer flights offer something more substantial. Not proper, but more substantial than a sandwich.

The past year I have started flying other carriers more and the difference is huge. AZ for example is much worse than KLM, with just some TUC cookies on a 2+ hr flight FCO<>AMS. But most of the star alliance carriers offer something much more decent (like a hot tray) for longer intra-european flights - like hot pasta dish with a salad, bread roll and small desert.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:43 pm

Are you saying we will now get sandwiches between NWI and AMS???

This would be a first...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
But most of the star alliance carriers offer something much more decent (like a hot tray) for longer intra-european flights - like hot pasta dish with a salad, bread roll and small desert.
Interesting. The only 2+ intra-EU flight I've ever taken on a Star Alliance was on TK, and of course they're a category on their own.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
AZ for example is much worse than KLM, with just some TUC cookies on a 2+ hr flight FCO<>AMS.
Yes, it was much worse than [KLM]. As we speak, though, AZ is rather enhancing its service and, by the sounds of it (reading this very thread), going the opposite direction compared to its code-sharing partner i.e. more availability in terms of drinks, sandwich on most flights, better food in its hub's lounges and a decent C product within Europe.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.