Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is my award ticket exchange messed up? Or is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:28 am
JBD
Original Poster

Is my award ticket exchange messed up? Or is this normal?

Using FB miles I had originally booked LAX-CDG-AMS in business on AF, using 62.5k miles.

And I had also booked an award flight AMS-EDI in coach on KLM, using 15k miles.

Yesterday I called FB and changed the TATL to KLM's non-stop LAX-AMS, for the same amount of miles (was totally stoked to see that become available), and the new flight was one day later.

So then in the same phone call I also changed the AMS-EDI to one day later (so that I'll keep my 3 nights in Amsterdam). This new award required 5k less miles than the first AMS-EDI ticket.

I was charged $50 for each ticket to be changed, and told I'd get refunded the original taxes and charged the new taxes. And that I'd get 5,000 miles redeposited into my account.

I was told that the locators would stay the same, but that I'd have new ticket numbers.

And I was told that I'd receive the new eTickets in a couple of hours. (The call took place about 20 hours ago).

Within a short time of the phone call I logged onto my account on KLM's website, and I could see the new dates on my Booking page. And when I clicked on the TATL flight I saw 3 tabs: "Arrange Now", "Trip Details", and "Passenger Details". And in the Trip Details I saw the new flight with the same locator (no sign of the old flight) and I saw the new seat assignment, but under Show Fare Conditions I saw stated a Cancellation/Change Fee of 250 USD, and that a Stopover is permitted at 50 USD. But these Fare Conditions are all clearly wrong, right? I'm on a one-way Classic Award ticket. And then when I clicked on Passenger Details, it showed the original ticket number.

When I clicked on the intra-Europe flight, the first online screen was labeled "Important" and contained a pink box saying my flight had been cancelled. But when clicking on the Trip Details, I saw two tabs, one for the cancelled flight and one for the new flight showing my seat assignment and with the original locator. And in the Passenger Details I see the original ticket number. And regarding the Fare Conditions - they're odd as well. Saying there's a minimum stay requirement of 3 days, or a Sunday, and that cancelling the flight is not permitted, that I can only change the flight before or after departure for 60 GPB. But it's a one-way mileage award

And what I saw on my KLM account 20 hours ago, I'm still seeing now.

Lastly, I see no Pending Charges from KLM on my Amex.

So does all this seem normal to you? Clearly something was done to my original tickets right away. Is it that the process hasn't completed yet? Or has the ticket exchange/reissue been botched?

I'm new to FB and KLM/AF, so I'm really looking forward to your replies.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Maybe try contacting KLM via Facebook,they are helpful and get things done within 24 hours. Just let them know your name and flight details then they can work the rest. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.