Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions on transiting via AMS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Questions on transiting via AMS

I'm flying KLM from DEL to LHR with a layover at AMS. Do I need to go through passport control / immigration at AMS before I board my LHR flight?
Second qs - DEL to AMS and AMS to LHR are 2 separate tickets. Can I check in baggage all the way to LHR from DEL, or will I need to pick it up at AMS and check in again?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vikmet
I'm flying KLM from DEL to LHR with a layover at AMS. Do I need to go through passport control / immigration at AMS before I board my LHR flight?
Second qs - DEL to AMS and AMS to LHR are 2 separate tickets. Can I check in baggage all the way to LHR from DEL, or will I need to pick it up at AMS and check in again?

Thanks in advance!
Are they both KLM tickets? If so, you will bet better answers in the KLM forum.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

DEL - AMS is issued by Delta and AMS - LHR by KLM. Of course, both are partners. I'll check in the KLM Forum. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:07 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As this is a KLM transfer, our KLM experts are likely better placed to answer you. Please continue to discuss this topic in the KLM forum.

stut
Europe Forum
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
This can be closed since it's a duplicate of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...s-transit.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.