Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL 0745 flight AMS > BOG > CLO > AMS

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

KL 0745 flight AMS > BOG > CLO > AMS

Hello, one question about this KLM flight KL 0745: I will go to CLO, so do I have to leave the plane in BOG for a certain time or could I just be seated until it departs to CLO? Many thanks in advance
Old May 24, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: FB Plat
Usually the latter (you can stay on board) but not sure for this specific flight. Someone else will be able to confirm
Old May 24, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It all depends on local regs and also sometimes on the mood of the day I of local authorities, but I would say that you'll have to leave the plane. This is the most common situation after a long flight. As some pax will embark in BOG to AMS, they will have to clean the plane. And it's much easier and rapid to do this without any pax in the plane.
In any case, the crew will make an announcement during the descent about staying on board or disembarking.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
In addition to what Goldorak says it is likely that the crew will also change in BOG, meaning that the plane will have to be emtpty for that reason as well. I don't believe there are crew changes while passengers are onboard.

I think after such a long AMS-BOG flight, the crew are "out of hours" to also operate the BOG-CLO leg. Most likely they work either AMS-BOG/BOG-CLO/CLO-AMS or AMS-BOG/BOG-CLO-AMS.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
I have no direct experience of AMS-BOG-CLO-AMS. However, for AMS-JRO-DAR-AMS and AMS-KGL-EBB-AMS (and AMS-KRT-ADD-AMS when it operated; and I think also for AMS-JNB-CPT when it operated), onward pax remained on board at each transit point. Meanwhile, I am fairly sure that for AMS-KUL-JKT, onward pax need to disembark in KUL.

So, it certainly is possible to change a crew, clean a plane, and even refuel it, while pax are still on board.

As Goldorak says, I suspect it mainly depends on local regulations - and perhaps also airport terminal capacity.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
OK, was not aware of that and thought it was not allowed. Maybe local regulations indeed, and also I had to get out at KUL on the AMS-KUL-JKT. Same for FRA-BKK-KUL on LH, btw.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Flying AMS-TPE-MNL we had to disembark at TPE, re-clear security and board again. There was also a crew change. I'm not sure what the point of the security check was, especially as there's no local traffic from TPE-MNL. Perhaps MNL doesn't recognise AMS security?
Old May 25, 2015, 5:11 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by KL895
OK, was not aware of that and thought it was not allowed. Maybe local regulations indeed, and also I had to get out at KUL on the AMS-KUL-JKT. Same for FRA-BKK-KUL on LH, btw.
KUL - I believe this is Malaysian - you need to deplane and be re-screened.

BKK - it is up to the airline. LH (BKK-KUL-BKK now ceased)/MS (BKK-KUL-BKK still operating) - you need to deplane. TK (for BKK-SGN-BKK) - you need to stay on board.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KQ321
So, it certainly is possible to change a crew, clean a plane, and even refuel it, while pax are still on board.
Yes, it is completely possible but very unpractical for aircraft cleaning. The 1st crew needs to remain on-board with the pax until the fresh crew arrives.

Originally Posted by TPJ
BKK - it is up to the airline.
It's not up to the airline but to the airport authorities. For BKK specifically, AF used to have tags to HAN and SGN and later to PNH. When I was flying those sectors, the crew told me once that the authorities were announcing their "decision of the day" during the descent. And sometimes, they could change their decision : it happened once that we were instructed during the descent to stay on board but, once on the ground, to be informed of a change, i.e. to disembark.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
On this particular flight Bog-Clo, situation should be
In Bog; all pax incl transit have to disembark with bagage for inspection.

However pax from Bog to Ams will stay onboard during ground stop in Cali

In general airlines are depending on local regulations which may be subject to change without notice...
Its independent from crew changes

Last edited by splflyer; May 28, 2015 at 7:11 am Reason: error typing
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your responses. Meanwhile I mad this trip and these are my experiences:
AMS > BOG > CLO: Yes, you are debarked anyhow in BOG even your final destination is CLO. But this goes well and takes not so long time and you are the first again to embark to CLO before the passengers to AMS can enter.
BOG > CLO > AMS: Those how embarked in BOG can stay in the plane, they only let the passengers from AMS to CLO debark and let the CLO to AMS getting in.
The flight AMS to BOG and CLO to AMS was 100% booked .... all the best JW
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Beat me to it! Yes I took this flight from bog, and all the pax AMS-CLO disembarked in bog. The plane actually stays there a while longer than a normal transit so it makes sense. AMS pax stay on board in CLO and there is another crew change (nice days work that shift - 30min flight!). I've been in lots of such stops where pax stay on board and crew changes, doesn't seem to be an issue.

What did surprise was there was no matching of pax to carry on baggage on board during the stop in CLO. I've always had this before flying such routes in Africa. So someone could have disembarked in CLO and left a bag on board...
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nallison
So someone could have disembarked in CLO and left a bag on board...
Carry-on baggage tends to be far more thoroughly scanned than check-in luggage (though that might change after Sharm El Sheikh) so presumably the worst thing that would happen there is that someone loses their carry-on luggage...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.