New seat map for B77W online (new WBC)

Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
New seat map for B77W online (new WBC)

Posted on the KLM website:

Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So there is one row of business between the economy section and the front lavatory. That's going to be a problem with economy pax coming through that mini-cabin all the time. And crew of course, as all the food and drinks for economy first have to pass that one row of business...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I would not worry about Y pax entering the J cabin. This also never happened on the MD11, and from my experience it is also rare on AF configs that have a divider between J and Y.

However, I'm more worried about noises from the galley (which you'll also get in row 5). And noises from the Y cabin, who get woken up much earlier than J usually.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
One row of business class on the 777 is nothing compared to Qatar airways that only keeps two seats between the Y cabin and the galley on the 787.
I just hope KLM will enforce the rule that Y pax aren't allowed to cross the J cabin or use it's WC.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Rules will be the same as in the New 772 WBC setup. No entry for E(C) pax (toilets are in the centre, back). However, cabin crew do serve part of the eco cabin from the front galley, so lots of activity through row 6.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guessing that J class will still be served by two FAs, who now have to keep an eye on both the main and the mini cabin?

On TK's A330s (28 J seats) each aisle had a dedicated chef and flight attendant. Then there is the purser, plus another two or three roving FAs who help out as and when required.

Johan
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I guessing that J class will still be served by two FAs, who now have to keep an eye on both the main and the mini cabin?

On TK's A330s (28 J seats) each aisle had a dedicated chef and flight attendant. Then there is the purser, plus another two or three roving FAs who help out as and when required.

Johan
Dare I start the labourwages debate?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Didymis
Rules will be the same as in the New 772 WBC setup. No entry for E(C) pax (toilets are in the centre, back).
Yes, but effectively that means that the Economy cabin is losing one lavatory. Especially EC pax are used to using that forward lavatory.

And we all know how strict KLM is in enforcing the no entry rules. With a huge galley in between (like before) that is relatively easy, but when part of the same physical cabin..I am not so sure. If the short-haul flights are anything to go by.. (FA's don't even seem to try to hold economy pax back from going through the Business class section to use the forward lavatory).

[edit]
Gajan would you mind to resize the image in your first post? It kinda forces the forum layout to be 4000 pixels wide and makes it hard to read replies.. Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
And we all know how strict KLM is in enforcing the no entry rules.
I'm not sure whether it is official policy or consistently implemented, but on a Etihad flight I was on recently the FA on duty in the galley between J and Y kept the lavatory locked, only opening it for J pax.

Johan
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
We should hear the first experiences soon as the first 777-300 with this setup is taking its first commercial flight tomorrow to LIM. The next with the new setup will arrive in AMS near the end of April.

I dont expect any different experiences than the 772.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Of course there will be no massive traffic from the Y cabin to use the toilet. This also doesn't happen on the A330, and it also didn't happen on the MD11. On them there is/was also a second J section bordering Y. Sure, there are always people going through the curtain, but I think it's incidentally at most.

One extra toilet in J from now and is good news though ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.