Wiki Posts
Search

Legs of journey now 2 days apart after rebooking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Legs of journey now 2 days apart after rebooking

Hi,
I was booked on HND-FUK-AMS-NCL next April but due to a cancellation the FUK-AMS-NCL legs have been pushed back 2 days. Fair enough, I'll take a longer trip but HND-FUK (on NH) is still showing as being on the original date.
What's the most painless way to get them to sort this out?
Being a bit lazy I opted for the travel insurance they offered when booking so I guess I'll have to check if that needs to be adjusted as well.

It was only when I logged in to the KLM site to check something about another upcoming journey that I found out the rebooking had occurred. I wondered why there was no message on my mobile phone so checked my contact details stored with them and found a digit was missing for some reason.
Doesn't explain the lack of an email though since that address was correct.

Update: Upon closer inspection there's a message in the new trip details stating "We will soon contact you about all the details of this flight schedule change" so I'll wait a bit to see if they do rather than chasing around after them.

Last edited by ahar; Oct 16, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm surprised that you were even offered a HND-FUK flight on NH.

I presume it is because KLM doesn't serve HND. Why not just ask to depart from NRT instead? Or fly out on AF from HND?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would not wait for a call. It may never come or by the time it does, options may have disappeared. Figure out what you want, call in and ask for it. Be polite, but persistent.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm surprised that you were even offered a HND-FUK flight on NH.

I presume it is because KLM doesn't serve HND. Why not just ask to depart from NRT instead? Or fly out on AF from HND?
Could have selected JAL if I'd wanted to get up even earlier. That was offered as a route back from TYO not specifically HND and was the cheapest option.
It's as if they've ignored the fact that I'm starting there when rebooking. I'll ask for something else from Tokyo on the original date.
Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:41 am
Original Poster

I think that's all sorted now.
Coming back later on the original date via Paris on a JAL 787. Seemed a bit more appealing than a slog through the morning rush hour followed by a KLM 747
I think that may be subject to confirmation but the agent on the phone seemed happy to put it through.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That's a very nice outcome. Well done! ^
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

No Dreamliner for me. That flight's been cancelled, so now I'm on an earlier AF 777-300 flight but with the same flight to NCL after a ~5 hour connection. I think I'll call to see if I'm stuck with that or if I can switch to KLM with a shorter journey time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.