Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flat tires on the runway, possible to compensation for delay?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Machine27
The grid has down one side different delay durations, problems on the ground, problems in the air of varying types, downgrades, etc. Along the top are classes of travel and Flying Blue status. In each table cell there is a range of values expressed in vouchers and miles, and this is a guideline of what goodwill gesture to offer.

<cut>

I can only give you an overview of European Customer Care, but remember the Egyptian and Indian 'overflow' sites are part of this. 'Overflow' sites only deal with Economy class passengers that are FB Ivory or non-FB. FB Elite passengers (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) are dealt with 'in-house' – mostly in London but with the France/Netherlands exceptions I outlined before.

For example, a non-FB Affaires passenger would be dealt with by the same department that handles, say, a FB Platinum travelling in Economy.

I hope the above was interesting reading for some of you!
Curious where Delta Diamonds/Platinums SkyMiles members living n EU end up in the tables or sites (KLM/AF handles customer care from them). Are you able to tell?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
All the other vouchers we issue are valid on AF KL and DL so if they ever did this it probably would be valid on those carriers.
Ha. Didn't even think about using on DL...good to know.

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Curious where Delta Diamonds/Platinums SkyMiles members living n EU end up in the tables or sites (KLM/AF handles customer care from them). Are you able to tell?
I'd guess that this would show up somehow, but may not be FB elites so could be a different chart (as a guess).

I've heard that AS elite info is passed thru to partners too now, does this show up in the compensation systems?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
<Removed>
Looks like that Machine27 has left FT. All his messages are deleted.

Thanks for sharing your insights from the other side - all much appreciated. I hope you are not facing any repercussions for posting on FT!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajs123

Thanks for sharing your insights from the other side - all much appreciated. I hope you are not facing any repercussions for posting on FT!
I do hope KL is not taking the DL approach which is "do not let your customers know anything about us"
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I would argue that it is more about preventing their competition to get a look in their cuisine, than a hand full of frequent flyers.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:02 am

<Removed>
Corporate censorship at its best...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla
I would argue that it is more about preventing their competition to get a look in their cuisine, than a hand full of frequent flyers.
This is disappointing. It is not as if Machine27 posts contained any great trade secret coveted by the competition. I do hope that (s)he did not suffer any harm as a result of his/her short-lived participation in this forum.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Perhaps this was done as the precursor to the creation (not necessarily by Machine27) of a brand new profile: Official Flying Blue Representative

Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Perhaps this was done as the precursor to the creation (not necessarily by Machine27) of a brand new profile: Official Flying Blue Representative

which will be announced together with KL's return to internatinal first class cabin and AF's return to profitability on short and medium haul....
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ajs123

+1 Machine27, if you read this, please be assured that your comments and explanations have been truly appreciated. As NickB mentioned, you certainly did not reveal any secret, and you were very careful to say that everything you posted was your own opinion and not AF-KL's official position (indeed, this was even in your details appearing with all of your messages). You also did not reveal anything that either criticised AF-KL or in my view could be detrimental to them in any way.

So if AF-KL have decided to prevent you from posting in such a careful and positive way, they are simply shooting themselves in the foot and they are the ones betraying the interest of their airline. I would encourage any such censor to look at the BA forum where they will see that letting agents post and dialogue with very frequent FT customers in their private capacity is a very significant way available to airlines to improve the trust and understanding of a relatively small but very high contribution passengers community and to give some trusted and enthusiastic employees a way to take the airline's defence when it is unfairly criticised with genuine credibility.

If an airline is depriving itself of such an opportunity, I am afraid that it is missing something quite crucial. I hope that they will see sense and that you will be back with us, but if not, you will certainly be sorely missed.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 3, 2014 at 6:19 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I would encourage any such censor to look at the BA forum where they will say that letting agents post and dialogue with very frequent FT customers in their private capacity is a very significant way available to airlines to improve the trust and understanding of a relatively small but very high contribution passengers community and to give some trusted and enthusiastic employees a way to take the airline's defence when it is unfairly criticised with genuine credibility.

If an airline is depriving itself of such an opportunity, I am afraid that it is missing something quite crucial. I hope that they will see sense and that you will be back with us, but if not, you will certainly be sorely missed.
I agree with this and endorse orbitmic's post entirely.

This is an easy and free way for an airline to show that it is made of friendly and enthusiastic people.

There are BA employees on the BA board who are literally now ticketing my itineraries.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calchas
There are BA employees on the BA board who are literally now ticketing my itineraries.
An excellent way to summarise this informal presence effect. Exactly true! ^
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
<Removed>
Sorry to see you go... hope you can still visit FT for fun on occasion

It does look like you've been on FT a bit recently though ^

Last Activity: Sep 6, 14 2:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.