Crown Lounge Catering

Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I wanted to resurrect this thread since yesterday was the first time that I spent more than 1/2 an hour in the Crown Lounge in over a year. In Lounge 52, there was some delicious bacon on offer during breakfast hours!
I was pleasantly surprised to find bacon and some sort of edible omelette in the Schengen lounge flying recently, it reminded me of the ones that are sometimes sold in office building canteens for 2€ or even more
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
What are the PM food options now? The last time I was there it was a gloopy spaghetti bolognese thing ...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
kapsalon
I wonder how FT's would rate kapsalon in this thread would this "dish" be available in the Crown Lounge?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by Zembla
I wonder how FT's would rate kapsalon in this thread would this "dish" be available in the Crown Lounge?
It would increase the quality of current food in the lounge
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I wouldn't be opposed to FEBO catering the lounge to be honest.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:05 am

A week ago in 52 it was bare bones from 7-10am. Some small pastries with jam, some KLM biscuits, and at the front station there were a few yogurts and a pot for soup but it was empty.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I am cautiously excited to see how the new lounge will be in 2 years. I am hoping that at least some a la carte items might improve the general pipeline for all foods. It's nuts that you get such great food on EU J when the lounge pickings are so slim.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Well to report from last week in the AMS lounge non schengen , the hot food option now is a chicken and egg curry and rice in the evening / afternoon , was quite nice and was refilled constantly , the other option of hot food I saw at 3pm 1 or 2 trays of the meatballs .. then nothing until 8pm when the reappeared ...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psollitt
, the other option of hot food I saw at 3pm 1 or 2 trays of the meatballs .. then nothing until 8pm when the reappeared ...
The very same meatballs, or different ones?

Johan
psollitt, Calchas, Carel1 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
The very same meatballs, or different ones?

Johan
carefully reheated
splflyer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The catering is guaranteed to be far superior

Good news, if you happen to be a Privium member

"Dear Mr Rebel,

On Friday 8 September we will be opening a second lounge for our Privium Plus members at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: the temporary Privium Airside Lounge on Holland Boulevard, behind security.

You can get some work done in the Privium Airside Lounge, or relax and enjoy our food and beverage assortment. The Privium Airside Lounge will be open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. The lounge is closed during weekends, you are more than welcome in the Privium ClubLounge then.

The lounge is located behind security, on the Holland Boulevard at Pier E (entrance located behind the Dutch Bar & Kitchen). If you are flying to a non-Schengen destination, visiting the lounge is especially recommended. When you’re flying to a Schengen destination, the current ClubLounge is conveniently located.
"

They don't explain what they mean by temporary.

Johan
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A solid Privium perk, and timely with the renovations in 52.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So if Privium can open a temporary lounge, why can't KLM during the renovations? Refusing people access instead of investing in a temporary lounge sure is easy (and cheap)...but looks mighty bad when other lounges *do* find a way to expand...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I emailed Privium and asked what the meant by "temporary".

They replied that Schiphol is planning yet another major airside terminal renovation which they did not want to wait for, so they decided to open this temporary one in the meantime.

Johan
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new Privium lounge apparently lives up to the "temporary" characterization. There are no toilets, patrons will have to use the public ones around the corner. That leads me to suspect that it also doesn't have its own kitchen. The original lounge's main selling point is the superior catering, with almost everything freshly prepared on site.

Johan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.