Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:24 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No.

Except for a brief window when ixs claims to have had a full selection of seats to choose from, Platinums can currently only select from the limited range of paid-but-free-for-Platinum seats.
Check this: Nearly all economy class seats selectable.

I guess KLM is still fine tuning their system...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Why are all isle seats in rows 15 - 18 blocked? I noticed the same on my flights.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Why are all isle seats in rows 15 - 18 blocked? I noticed the same on my flights.
Perhaps they are reserved for Special Service Requests? ie UNMIN, WCHR etc pax??
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ixs
Check this: Nearly all economy class seats selectable.
Not for me! But perhaps because I've already selected seats using the "old" regime, those reservations are "stuck" like that. I see that, in your screenshot, you haven't actually selected a seat yet.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
It was also my guess that these aisle seats may be the ones with moveable armrests which they tend to use for limited-mobility passengers.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
I can't select any seats for my bookings for the remainder of 2012, but can for those in 2013.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canada freak
I can't select any seats for my bookings for the remainder of 2012, but can for those in 2013.
This only applies for bookings from December onwards.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:09 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Information sent out to travel agents

Economy Comfort op Europese routes

KLM klanten kunnen nu ook een stoel boeken in de Economy Comfort-zone op vluchten binnen Europa (met uitzondering van de route Amsterdam - Parijs) met vertrek op of na 1 december 2012. KLM biedt Economy Comfort aan in Boeing 737 toestellen. Voor de route Amsterdam Tel Aviv is Economy Comfort beschikbaar voor verkoop en reizen vanaf 1 december 2012.

Op Europese vluchten biedt de nieuwe Economy Comfort-stoel tot negen centimeter meer beenruimte, een rugleuning die 40% verder naar achteren kan worden versteld en stroomvoorziening. Passagiers in Economy Comfort kunnen na de landing bovendien eerder van boord omdat de zone zich vooraan in Economy Class bevindt.

Prijs van Economy Comfort binnen Europa

Een Economy Comfort-stoel is te reserveren tegen bijbetaling van EUR20 tot EUR30 per enkele reis, afhankelijk van de duur van de vlucht. Verkoopkanalen, van toepassing zijnde voorwaarden en kortingen voor premium klanten, zijn hetzelfde als voor de Economy Comfort op intercontinentale vluchten.

Reserveren van Economy Comfort-stoelen

Economy Class-stoelen kunnen op ieder moment voor vertrek worden gereserveerd zoals, via de CRSen Amadeus en Galileo, tijdens het boeken (via Manage mijn Boeking), check in via internet, en bij een selfservice-incheckautomaat op de luchthaven. Dit geldt voor stoelen in de Economy Comfort-zone aan boord van zowel Europese als Intercontinentale vluchten.

Advanced Seat Reservation

Samen met de introductie van Economy Comfort in Europa, biedt KLM zitplaatsreservering aan voor Europese vluchten in Economy Class, vertrekkend vanaf 1 december 2012. Met de introductie van de Advanced Seat Reservation is de seating window gelijk gesteld aan de reserveringswindow (vanaf 336 dagen voor vertrek) voor zowel C-class als M-class, op Intercontinentale en Europese vluchten.
Short translation: pretty much the same as what has been posted before
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"nieuwe Economy Comfort stoel"?

Whom do they think they are kidding?

Johan
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel
"nieuwe Economy Comfort stoel"?

Whom do they think they are kidding?

Johan
Perhaps they will renew the seats, in the same manner as for the new Europe Business Class:

Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ANstar
Perhaps they are reserved for Special Service Requests? ie UNMIN, WCHR etc pax??
Possibly true, I was not aware that these are special seats. So that means anybody not eligible for free EC access will have a hard time to even find an aisle seat. Just great.

A few days ago I sent in a complaint to KLM about the matter. In the message I highlighted that I bought a number of KLM tickets being under the impression that I would have access to these seats for free. Which is now no longer the case.

I have to say that I am very happy with the support that I received from them. Within 24 hours I they rang my cell and the conversation took over 20 minutes. The person that called told me they are collecting complaints from Frequent Fliers, and they will advice management on the issue.

At first he offered me 7.5K miles for the trouble but I declined as that would only be enough to buy up to EC for one leg. Then he offered 15K miles but the same applied. I told him I have five roundtrips booked after December, and 15K miles would only cover one. He then offered to compensate the 15 euro fees per leg for all booked flights after December.

So a few minutes later I received a 150 euro voucher in the (e) mail. Which does indeed cover the flights that I had already booked. And I do believe that is a good result, I did not quite expect them to offer such.

So while they handled my complaint well, in the end the problem still exists. I have booked my flights up to Jan '13. After that I will need to either calculate 30 euro extra per KLM ticket, or look for other carriers to move me between AMS and ATH.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A very nice gesture on the part of KLM.

But can I ask - is it really worth all the hassle to you to desert KLM because you can't sit up front for free?

For those of us who travel in economy, we are already used to the variations in size in the business cabin. Choosing the first row in economy, I sometimes end up in row 3, but sometimes it's row 10. (And I'm still curious to see how they handle this ASR with potential variations in the size of the business cabin). This will mean that you are going to be sitting further back then previously would have been the case - but is that really so bad?

One side effect of ASR that has not yet really been acknowledged here is that, particularly when you make a late or last-minute booking, a lot of the (free) seats may already have been claimed - so had the seats up front been free, they may already be gone, anyway! At least now, when they cost a little more, there is at least a chance that you can buy one, if it is crucial that you get off the plane early (i.e. tight connection, running for the last train of the night on arrival, etc etc).
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I wrote a complaint on their facebook page and got the following reply:

"Hello Milkman, we'd like to grab this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty as a Gold member, and also congratulate you for your upcoming Platinum membership! We would like to inform you that the new Economy Comfort seats in our European flights offer more legroom, more recline, and in seat power. That way, passengers that enjoy extra comfort and are willing to pay for it are rewarded. As a Gold member, you are entitled to a 50% discount on the seats, and after your next trip you will indeed have them for free. We thank you for contacting us we appreciate your feedback. Feel free to contact us back if you have any other questions"
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps they will renew the seats, in the same manner as for the new Europe Business Class
How about renewing them in the same manner as the old real shorthaul business class?

Anybody old enough to remember this?

Johan
Great_circle likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This will mean that you are going to be sitting further back then previously would have been the case - but is that really so bad?
In my case the answer is actually often yes.

I regularly have a fairly tight plane-train connection. Doable if the flight is on schedule, but if not (think Polderbaan), every second counts. Missing my train can result in getting home up to four hours late, in the very worst case even only the next day (hasn't happened so far), so I prefer an aisle seat as far forward as possible.

As a LTPE I get the seats for free, so that's fine, but I want to be able to select any available seat on the plane. I don't care whether it is EC or not, as long as it is at the front. Just about the last thing I want is the EER.

Johan
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Perhaps they will renew the seats, in the same manner as for the new Europe Business Class
How about renewing them in the same manner as the old real shorthaul business class?

Anybody old enough to remember this?

Johan
How old is that? Based on the graphics I wouldguess 1970s or early 1980s?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.