Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, FB Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I would advise you to do your research! Miles & More has gone through several "April fools" equivalents in the last 12-18 months.
I know but it can't possibly be worse than FB at the moment and knowing KL/AF still struggle financially I foresee its not over yet.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Regardless of the state of AFKL, LH is hardly a paragon of profitability right now. In fact, it appears to be reeling.

It's hiving off the vast majority of its short-haul network to Germanwings from next year. And it's contemplating a marriage with Turkish Airlines.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Regardless of the state of AFKL, LH is hardly a paragon of profitability right now. In fact, it appears to be reeling.

It's hiving off the vast majority of its short-haul network to Germanwings from next year. And it's contemplating a marriage with Turkish Airlines.
The grass is always greener and you need to decide what you want - for FFPs there's always a balance between earning, burning and FF Recognition (Check-in, boarding, lounges)

For me, it's the ease of travel and comfort that make it for me. With Elite status on any other airline, I get to (reliably) board first and choose a decent seat without paying for it. KLM has dropped this so I'm off. If other's do the same, I may re-evaluate.

FWIW - KLM seem to have forgotten that they have two classes of flyer: Biz and Leisure. Biz flyers won't pay for an upgrade on SH because they fly each week and won't get the cash back via expenses. Leisure flyers won't pay for better seats as they have already found the cheapest way to get to their destinations.

Long Haul may be different - 6"s more legroom is a possible sale, but that's not the issue here.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

I now got offered 15k and will accept.
Quite the same way as Xandrios.

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Nov 9, 2012 at 2:17 am
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: FB plat for life
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I now got offered 15k amd will accept.
Quite the same way as Xandrios.
is that per leg - per roundtrip - or in total for ?? trips ?

thanks for clarifying

PJH
Old Nov 9, 2012, 2:17 am

For 1 roundtrip, 2 legs.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:35 pm

And Flying Blue finally responded, after 3 weeks , with nothing to compensate. Just a riddle of all my other benefits.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
And Flying Blue finally responded, after 3 weeks , with nothing to compensate. Just a riddle of all my other benefits.
Same here, but did get a reply after 2 weeks which doesn't make a huge difference to me tbh as long as something happens...

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for the delay in response. We were sorry to hear about your disappointment with regards to the Gold Elite benefits and would like to confirm to you that the Gold Elite benefit is the 50% discount on Economy Comfort Seats, compared to Silver Elite members, who receive a 25% discount, and other passengers, who receive no discount.

As the other issues in your e-mail are not Flying Blue related, we would like to confirm to you that we have forwarded your e-mail to the KLM Customer Care department, who will be in contact with you shortly.

For further information regarding your case, please contact the Customer Care department directly. Please find their contact details on our websites www.airfrance.com and www.klm.com.

Yours sincerely,

XXXX

Flying Blue Customer Service
So the few who got something out of complaining to KLM please share the secret with the rest of us

Last edited by Cupart; Nov 14, 2012 at 12:22 am
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:28 am

So KLM kept forwarding my emails to FB, and FB sent your message to KLM.
I'd say you have to complain to KLM. They are quite generous with compensation and respond quickly.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Unhappy

So KLM kept forwarding my emails to FB, and FB sent your message to KLM.
I'd say you have to complain to KLM. They are quite generous with compensation and respond quickly.
UPDATE: This is the latest correspondence from KLM...

Our reference 6XXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr XXX

I thank you for your message of the XX of November 2012 concerning your benefits as a Flying Blue Elite member.

On behalf of KLM, please accept our apologies for the incovenience you have experienced when flying with Air France.

I have forwarded your valuable feedback and comments to our Flying Blue department, who shortly will revert back to you.

Once again, I thank you for contacting KLM.

Yours sincerely

K. Oxxxxxx (Ms.)
Customer Care Europe
So, the ping-pong has started.

FB -> KLM -> FB (to be continued)

Hmmm... I did not fly Air France but rather KLM, Last time I was on AF was when I flew to NRT i March earlier this year (which was great)...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Gajan
More information is to be announced soon, but Economy Comfort is only applicable on B737 aircraft, i.e. not Fokkers and E190.
So for my flight to Italy in 2 months/mid-January on a E190 rows 1-9 are currently blocked, WOW KLM don't offer EC on this type of metal but they won't let their ff's choose a seat in the front half of the aircraft either
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canada freak
So for my flight to Italy in 2 months/mid-January on a E190 rows 1-9 are currently blocked, WOW KLM don't offer EC on this type of metal but they won't let their ff's choose a seat in the front half of the aircraft either
You should count your blessings.

On my flight to Italy in mid January on an E190, all I can select is row 11, the exit row.

On the return flight, they won't let me select ANY seat, despite telling me that 3 extra-legroom seats are available. (there should be 4, but I plonked myself in that one earlier when I had the run of all of row 11. Now, I have no options).
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
You should count your blessings.

On my flight to Italy in mid January on an E190, all I can select is row 11, the exit row.
You've made me curious: surely if that's the only row you can choose from you don't have to pay extra despite it being an exit row??!!

Edit: working on smartphone and didn't notice until after posting you're plat so won't have to pay... So your blessings are worth more than mine ;-)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I'm not being asked to pay. But I'd like to be able to select from all the available economy seats - I don't like sitting in exit rows.

It's just so annoying that when I check every booking, I can only select from the "pay-for" seats.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
???

"The [LH] Group increased its revenue by 6.1 per cent to EUR 22.8bn and the net profit for the period of EUR 474m was 64.6 per cent higher than the previous year"

Quite different from AFKL indeed!

LH Source

As for mileage earning, M&M is heaven compared with FB. I switched more than a year ago and never looked back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.