Experience in KLM Business Class

Subscribe
I was on a flight from Amsterdam to LAX. We had an opportunity to upgrade to business class at the check in kiosk so we took that and upgraded to business class. Throughout flight the flight attendants kept mentioning to us how lucky we were to be able to upgrade into business class which I felt was condescending since it was announced loudly and repeated several times. Has anyone had the same experience?
Quote: Throughout flight the flight attendants kept mentioning to us how lucky we were to be able to upgrade into business class which I felt was condescending since it was announced loudly and repeated several times.
Maybe she actually was happy for you OR some of her family members/friends/friends of friends were to have your seats and then you came and evilly took "their" seats so they had to move to the back or even stay behind in AMS
Or she/he wanted to keep low your expectations regarding the quality of service you might receive (to save him/herself some effort).
In any case, this is not professional and in your situation I would have replied that I am happy to be in Business class and that I paid for it after all.
What kind of upgrade was it?
It was a paid upgrade.

When business class was being served food/drinks, we would get served last even though we were right in the middle. When we asked because we actually thought they missed us or something, the flight attendant said that we were last on the list because we upgraded rather than bought/used points for business class tickets outright. Is this standard procedure?
OLCI upgrade? I thought CC would be unable to know who paid for an upgrade and/or who paid full price for WBC. They do know about op-ups.
Quote: OLCI upgrade? I thought CC would be unable to know who paid for an upgrade and/or who paid full price for WBC. They do know about op-ups.
I wonder if on the manifest pax who have upgraded using cash (during OLCI) appear just like those who have been OPUPed.
Quote: I wonder if on the manifest pax who have upgraded using cash (during OLCI) appear just like those who have been OPUPed.
I has been quite a while since I last saw a manifest, but I recall that they would say "upgrade from M", without specifying a reason.

Johan