Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Econ then Buss, Collect Lounge Pass or Use ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

In the end of July I am flying Birmingham Uk to Ams economy (which i bought as a ticket on its own) then AMS to BKK business class. Now im hoping my luggage can be checked all the way thru as my tickets were bought seperatly however when I arrive in AMS with my pre printed boarding pass (checked in online) will i need to collect a lounge pass or do I just use my business class ticket for lounge access.

The reason I did not book a business ticket all the way through was due to it being an extra $1300 just to gain an extra hour of business class service from BHX to AMS
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold

Depends if the two airlines have an interline agreement to transfer bags. If they are in the same alliance then you should be ok.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:55 am
Original Poster

KLM Both legs, just bought the two tickets seperately
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

Wong be any problem at all...for crowneclounge you only need to show the biz ticket to the lounge dragon thats all no invitation needed
They will check the luggage through to final destination
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Wong be any problem at all...for crowneclounge you only need to show the biz ticket to the lounge dragon thats all no invitation needed
They will check the luggage through to final destination
Cheers that's the answer I was looking for, my one and only previous lounge access was with a friend who was gold status as his companion and he was issued a pass as we were travelling econ.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
They will be able to tag your bags through without any problems; they should be able to print your onward boarding pass in BHX as well.

Please note that in the unlikely situation that your flight from BHX is delayed that you miss your flight to BKK, KLM is not obliged to get you on the next flight out as you are on separate tickets.

Gajan
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gajan
They will be able to tag your bags through without any problems; they should be able to print your onward boarding pass in BHX as well.

Please note that in the unlikely situation that your flight from BHX is delayed that you miss your flight to BKK, KLM is not obliged to get you on the next flight out as you are on separate tickets.

Gajan
Fortunately I have a 5 hour window so should be ok
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by welch9
The reason I did not book a business ticket all the way through was due to it being an extra $1300 just to gain an extra hour of business class service from BHX to AMS
This is odd... Usually it is cheaper to buy a ticket with an airline that operates from a different country than its own and feeds pax via their main hub as direct flights are more expensive to buy...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
BKK is often a cheap destination with KLM in J (from AMS but with offers also from other countries).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.