Wiki Posts
Search

Schiphol offers more services for business travellers and VIPs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

After the Schiphol Business Taxi / video which not only offer 'first class' transport (including WiFi in the car) to and from the airport, but also check-in/arrival assistance and transport to the gate, and products like Excellence Parking, Schiphol now also offers a VIP centre like for instance at LHR.

Originally Posted by Schiphol VIP service
Een VIP service past bij uw professie of functie. Zeker wanneer u reist. De VIP service Schiphol geeft u exclusief toegang tot het VIP centre Schiphol. Dit biedt exclusiviteit en privacy aan staatshoofden, regeringsfunctionarissen, CEO’s en wellicht ook aan u.

U ontspant
In het VIP centre ontspant u zich terwijl wij alle zaken voor u arrangeren. U verblijft in een exclusieve en stijlvolle ambiance. En als uw agenda het van u vraagt nog even door te werken, biedt het VIP centre Schiphol hier uitstekende mogelijkheden voor.

Wij arrangeren
VIP service Schiphol verzorgt alles voor uw vertrek, aankomst of transfer; uw check-in, de paspoort- en douaneformaliteiten en afhandeling van uw bagage. Kort voor vertrek of na aankomst wordt u in luxe vervoer naar het vliegtuig of het VIP centre gebracht. Zo bent u verzekerd van een snelle service en een comfortabel begin of einde van uw reis.

Uw VIP service Schiphol beknopt:

• Gastvrije en persoonlijke ontvangst in het VIP centre Schiphol
• Verblijf in een van de luxueuze VIP lounges
• Lounge bar
• Check-in en douane formaliteiten
• Luxe vervoer van en naar uw vliegtuig
Prices start at E240.

Video
VIP Centre Schiphol (Dutch only)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder how exactly the "luxe vervoer naar uw vliegtuig" works. Ideally, they should drive you to the jetway, whereupon you ascend the external stairs and go straight on board. But what about jetways where there is a separate gate security check? They say they will take care of all check-in, immigrations and customs formalities, but there is no mention of security. For it to work, they must have a dedicated security checkpoint, which customers only have to clear once.

Johan
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I wonder how exactly the "luxe vervoer naar uw vliegtuig" works. Ideally, they should drive you to the jetway, whereupon you ascend the external stairs and go straight on board. But what about jetways where there is a separate gate security check? They say they will take care of all check-in, immigrations and customs formalities, but there is no mention of security. For it to work, they must have a dedicated security checkpoint, which customers only have to clear once.

Johan
My guess it would be comparable to services rendered by Lufthansa where there private security facilities.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:25 am
Original Poster

With LH, you still have to pass additional security checks at the gate for a US-bound flight IIRC.
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Prices start at E240.
Btw new prices from 1/1/2013 start at E255.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: A3, KL, HHonors, A-Club, CC
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
I guess the target audience is very impressed by words such as professie for beroep and arrangeren for regelen.

Multilul anyone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZzHU4n7aw
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HauptmannFuchs
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
I guess the target audience is very impressed by words such as professie for beroep and arrangeren for regelen.

Multilul anyone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZzHU4n7aw
The E15 increase is exactly for these 'dure woorden'.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone tried this service?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwoord Gold, Amex Centurion, Global Entry
Most of the business tickets booked through Centurion come with this service. So I use it all the time. The lounge is quiet. Typically, I am the only passenger there. You have staff for food and drinks and you have someone for your luggage, someone to get your boarding pass (he will walk to the checkin and get your ticket), drive you to the plane, two security guards for a private security checkpoint. It's very nice actually.

You have your own lounge with TV, most newspapers and magazines, candy and desk. The royal lounge is also in this area, that is where the royal family will gather before they board. They have showers there too. There is also a number of large meeting rooms available and the press conference room is also in the VIP centre.

Parking is with excellence or you can be dropped off right at VIP centre.

They ask you when you'd like to board. As first, last or whenever. If you like to have some peaceful boarding, you can be the first passenger onboard. Or if you don't want to wait for everyone, relax in the lounge and they drop you off on the last minute.

You drive to the plane with a nice Audi - full service. They park right under the nose of the plane.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by StewieD
Most of the business tickets booked through Centurion come with this service. So I use it all the time. The lounge is quiet. Typically, I am the only passenger there. You have staff for food and drinks and you have someone for your luggage, someone to get your boarding pass (he will walk to the checkin and get your ticket), drive you to the plane, two security guards for a private security checkpoint. It's very nice actually.

You have your own lounge with TV, most newspapers and magazines, candy and desk. The royal lounge is also in this area, that is where the royal family will gather before they board. They have showers there too. There is also a number of large meeting rooms available and the press conference room is also in the VIP centre.

Parking is with excellence or you can be dropped off right at VIP centre.

They ask you when you'd like to board. As first, last or whenever. If you like to have some peaceful boarding, you can be the first passenger onboard. Or if you don't want to wait for everyone, relax in the lounge and they drop you off on the last minute.

You drive to the plane with a nice Audi - full service. They park right under the nose of the plane.
Nice report ^ We booked in first to DXB with AF next year from AMS. Already registered for the VIP service as well, so looking forward to our experience next year
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:36 pm

We just booked this for a flight in December. I'm thinking it will provide a more pleasant transfer through Schiphol.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Anyone who can share a recent experience?
Old May 22, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tgv2
Anyone who can share a recent experience?
Yep.

It's still exactly as StewieD described it.

Johan
Old May 12, 2022, 2:08 am

Given the issues with horrendous queues at Schiphol that I’ve read on here of late,
does anyone have any recent reviews of Schiphol’s VIP Centre? Thinking about it in combination with a special birthday treat!
Many thanks
James
kthomas likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My last visit was pre-pandemic, and I'm only an occasional user. The VIP center has a reputation to live up to, and in my limited experience it does. I can't imagine this has changed. Whether it's value for money all depends. I suspect that for most customers that's not even a consideration.

Johan
jimkwatson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.