Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Economy Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:43 am
Original Poster

KLM Economy Comfort

Hello

Does anyone know how much extra do I need to pay to get a economy comfort seat from AMS-GIG and EZE-AMS?

Thank you.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The booking page on the KLM website will tell you.

Once you've selected the direct KLM flights and clicked on "Continue", you will see "Choose your favourite seat" under the "Extra Options" heading on the next page. Click "View Options" which will show you the current seating chart. Click on a seat in the Economy Comfort zone for each flight to see the cost. You can do this without having to first buy, or commit to buy, flight tickets.

If you have Flying Blue elite or elite plus status, be sure to log in to your FB account first, as you may be entitled to a discount.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
AMS-GIG (and/or v.v.): E130
AMS-EZE (and/or v.v.): E140
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
I think is totally worth paying an extra 300 for return economy comfort, it does make a difference.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rmorales
I think is totally worth paying an extra 300 for return economy comfort, it does make a difference.
Just understand that EC on KLM are special seats, not a separate cabin or class of service like PV on AF.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
EC Comfort will be introduced on EUR flights as well, surcharge is 20-30 Euro one way/usual benefits for Elite pax applicable.
Introduction scheduled for end of september
Likely the seats effected are those not used for EBC in case of small EBC section.
On most b 737 that is up to row 8/9
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by splflyer
EC Comfort will be introduced on EUR flights as well, surcharge is 20-30 Euro one way/usual benefits for Elite pax applicable.
Likely the seats effected are those not used for EBC in case of small EBC section.
Good news ^ - hopefully it means when flights are not full higher chances of a middle seat staying empty.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
So Gold and Silvers who were normally assigned these rows automatically as part of 'Select Seating' (not official) now have to pay?

I'd be crazy to fork out €60 (that's 60% of a cheapo ticket) for an R/T with flying times at around 1,5 hour in relatively no noticeable extra comfort!!!

If EBC is small (and thus the EC area big) on a full flight in Y (often intra-EU) and there aren't enough customers to buy EC and fill that area, how will the seats be filled? Giving them away free?

For longer flights like LIS, IST and ATH it could be worthwhile to some, I guess.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by splflyer
That is only good news if all elite pax get free access. Which I doubt.

For longer flights like LIS, IST and ATH it could be worthwhile to some, I guess.
On these flights the benefit will be greater, but, it would still cost extra. And I refuse to pay 60 euro extra roundtrip to please KLM. Thats 30% of the economy ticket price!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:32 am

How far in advance - buying EC seats

I tried a dummy booking for flights from JFK to AMS and return choosing economy and then choosing the economy comfort seats for the same flights for $98. each way per ticket. For some reason I was under the impression that such seats could only be purchased ninety days out but I see EC seats already reserved through January. If I want to purchase EC seats now for next summer is it possible? I am thinking of booking the first row of EC seats on the 744 Combi and I am willing to do the booking now. Do you think these are the best EC seats on that plane?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by upnup
If I want to purchase EC seats now for next summer is it possible? I am thinking of booking the first row of EC seats on the 744 Combi and I am willing to do the booking now.
I booked a ticket earlier this week that has me on a 747 combi and a 747 regular in May of next year and I was able to select EC seats for both.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...=booking+seats
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Does anyone have any links to announcements or info about EC on shorter flights? I'm thinking about booking ORD-AMS-IST, and the AMS-IST flights are serviced by a 737 -- I'm thinking a 73H. Will those get EC eventually?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:39 pm
Suspended

is the Comfort Economy seat from normal Eco ?

can you feel the difference?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by upnup
Do you think these are the best EC seats on that plane?
Yep, go for those if you can.

Ciao
Ulxima

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.