Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Economy Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OT: Brussels Airlines Eco+

Wow.. Brussels Airlines just introduced Eco+ which is similar to Economy Comfort in my opinion, but their offering is way more value for money considering it is close to what you pay as a non-Elite member outside of the promotion period.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...s/default.aspx
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:17 pm

Wow, that comes with a better meal, champagne, an amenity kit, a better blanket and better headphones.
Good deal.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:07 pm

Economy Comfort on KLM is 70 Euro on say AMS to JFK. Brussels' offering will be 120 Euro i.e. 50 Euro more. That is a pretty significant price difference (over 70% more). And what do they really offer that's 50 Euro better?

Good for people in BRU but otherwise I don't know why you'd specifically go to BRU over AMS for that.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:57 pm

Wait it's 70 euro without any elite discount? Feel like i've paid 70 euros sometimes after a 25% discount on TATL KLM flights..

Update: Just checked a couple of JFK flight dates and saw prices ranging from 80 Euro to 98 Euro. For one thing Brussels sounds like a fixed price so you know what you're paying. and When it's a 20 Euro difference from 100 to 120 it might not seem as bad. That said, sure I agree with you that I don't see this being a factor in anyone switching from KLM. Just generally think EC is poor value for money but end up paying for it every time to not get stuck in regular eco seat. 100 euros per flight is 400 euros for a 4-leg longhaul journey and no service differentiation. would rather they had a Premium Economy product even if it cost a bit more.. but guess KLM doesn't really want to compete as premium airline. shame air france doesn't fly to a couple of my frequent destinations

Last edited by rfrn; Jun 17, 2016 at 12:11 am
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by t0t1t2
No more EC available and the lady at the platinum line could not do more than assigning me a middle seat at the emergency exit row. Did this ever happen to you before ?
On my regular commute, EC initially invariably consists of one whole row, i.e. six seats. A few more rows may then open up close to departure if they decide to shrink EB (that almost always happens).

In recent months KL has hit upon the idea of pre-assigning me a window seat at the time of booking, instead of the aisle seat I prefer. Today, however, they really outdid themselves: they put me in the middle E seat, even though both D and F were free.

Is this a new unpublished Lifetime Platinum Elite benefit?

Johan
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Is this a new unpublished Lifetime Platinum Elite benefit?

Johan
I think so!

I have also a new PEFL benefit on my bi-weekly KL565 & KL566 commute. Often no EC seat anymore for me as they have all been sold (I think).

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Jun 28, 2016 at 4:28 am Reason: spelling mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.