Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The short haul J sandwich

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The picture posted above looks a lot like the breakfast sandwich I received AMS-CDG in economy recently:

The same flight in the evening offers the (in)famous Tucs or Musli bar. Very inconsistent indeed, as the sandwich and afternoon snack can't really be compared. Even worse if Business class offers the same sandwich..
Old May 1, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
GVA-AMS KL1934 (dep 19h30) mainline in C - not such a sandwich but a very tiny salad with salmon and hot rolls plus a micro-cold-soup (not bad btw) and the same micro size dessert as during lunch. No choice for the main - just the 'micro-salmon'. How does this compare to the same flight around noon with a choice of sandwiches ?

Furthermore- we still think back with warm feelings to the days when on these flights in Y a choice of dinner or lunch was served - hot lasagna or chicken or .. - but that is 25 years ago by now.

Still - BCE is a step forward on the KL mainline flights (on KLC hardly) - but it still is a very poor product. In Y on flights like GVA I still think the catering is embarrassing - certainly on KLC flights. If you are in the first rows in Y you can wait until the descent starts before they reach those rows for their sweet or savory snacks (14 - 17 grams per person !).
Perhaps HV taking over these routes in winter might prove an improvement after all. And otherwise we still have Swiss Easyjet.

Last edited by pjhartog; May 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjhartog
If you are in the first rows in Y you can wait until the descent starts before they reach those rows for their sweet or savory snacks (14 - 17 grams per person !).
KLC has only two FAs on most E190 fllights. The exceptions are very short flights to destinations such as BLL and FRA, with flight times of about 45 minutes, which have a cabin crew of three.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.