Wiki Posts
Search

Booked intra-US travel on DL, got KL E-Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Booked intra-US travel on DL, got KL E-Ticket

Yesterday I booked an intra-US itinerary operated by Delta via delta.com priced in US Dollars. I got the confirmation from Delta. Then, to my surprise, this morning I got an E-Ticket from KLM, priced in EUR.

Nothing wrong with that, but I was surprised. The only reference to KL in the booking is that I specified my FB account.

Is that normal? And why is that happening in the first place?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:46 pm
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
It appears normal. Any DL ticket bought with a NL adress is issued on a KL ticket. I had it myself a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
At which rate did they convert the USD to EURO? And, did they add a 10 euro booking or creditcard fee?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Pre-tax amount is USD 232.56. I don't see any booking or CC charges. The taxes, fees and charges are listed as EUR 13.28US 5.73AY 25.56XT. Grand total in EUR: 221.57
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mfkne
Pre-tax amount is USD 232.56. I don't see any booking or CC charges. The taxes, fees and charges are listed as EUR 13.28US 5.73AY 25.56XT. Grand total in EUR: 221.57
Using Dutch cards and cards of some Nordic countries is done by KLM. This was discussed at least in two threads. One earlier this year and another early last year (which I started when had a similar experience)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.