Wiki Posts
Search

Seating and General Experience on KLM's new A330-300

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Seating and General Experience on KLM's new A330-300

I'm flying IAD-AMS on KLM in May and realized that this flight will be on one of the three new A330-300's KLM is getting this year. From what I saw it looks like the A330-300 might have just started on this route this week? But it looks like its been in use on the AMS-LOS (Lagos) for a few weeks?

Just wanted to ask if anyone has been on KLM's A330-300 and what the new plane is like? Also, I didnt see any seat maps (aside from the one on KLM.com) on seatguru or other similar sites. Anyone know anything about good/bad seats, or anything else about the features/comfort of the aircraft (power ports, etc.?) Just getting excited to see the new plane! Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:04 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
You raise a good questions.

There is a thread on the new KLM A333 (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...330-300-a.html) but does not contain any personal experiences yet as the plane has been delivered fairly recently.

With respect to a good seat normally the first row after the EC rows tends to have more legroom. I cannot confirm if this is the case for the A333 as well but would seem likely.

Please do report back after your trip!

Gajan
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Has anyone been on this yet? I'm booked on IAD-AMS in February, and it just says a330, but when you look at the seat map, it's obvious that it's a a333 not an a332. Any experiences or pics?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I believe in Y and C the seat is similar to the seats on the B77W.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
I flew that one from ACC to AMS late October in C. I enjoyed the new business seats, still not full flat, but "flatter" than the older ones. In the old seats I always get the feeling I'm about to slide down, something I didn't have in the new chairs. Also nice big ptv screen.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Flew in Y to DAR via JRO in the back of the plane. I would say the legroom is not very good even for an average taller like me. The look is brilliant though - its always cool to sit in a new aircraft rather than in one waiting to be retired...

Flying back now and got row 15 for free (looks like a glitch due to different configuration on new 333 vs 332). It shall be comfort section, will find out soon.

The seat was confirmed for many times and refused for many times; so i selected again and again and finally got it. Shall be fixed soon i guess.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was an article in a recent issue of cabin crew union VNC's magazine about the granting of requests for certain routes and schedules. CC complained that KL was denying too many requests. In their reply, KL gave two main reasons for not being able to please everyone:

- many partime CC try to avoid working during school vacations.
- too many CC try to avoid the A330.

Makes me wonder what's wrong with the aircraft from a CC perspective.

Johan
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Makes me wonder what's wrong with the aircraft from a CC perspective.
As far as I know, it doesn't have a separate sleeping cabin for the cc
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Zembla
As far as I know, it doesn't have a separate sleeping cabin for the cc
The emergency exists closed by curtains only probably Not sure how crew seats transform into a bed.

But they have some reserved seats in J though (however, this may only be the case if J is not fully sold out).
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: KLM FB plat
Reserved seats in J 5ab on the 300 3ab on the 200 for cockpit crew rest...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by Betrouwbaar
Reserved seats in J 5ab on the 300 3ab on the 200 for cockpit crew rest...
AMS - AUA: I have booked 3A/3B & 3D without any problems!

We are not Crew! ;-)

Vluchtstatus Bevestigd.
Uitgevoerd door KLM .
Vluchtnummer KL0765.
Reisklasse World Business Class.
Vliegtuigtype Airbus A330-200

Dhr. xxx 03B World Business Class Stoel bevestigd .
Dhr. xxx 03D World Business Class Stoel bevestigd .
Mw. xxx 03A World Business Class Stoel bevestigd .

Anything I need to do?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It beats me why such a modern aircraft as the A330 does not have proper crew rest areas.

Or is it a case of KL having chosen not to install them on their planes?

Johan
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:54 am

Evert-
AUA is a 3 pilot operation, thus 3AB will be blocked for crew rest...perhaps just not yet in the system. It is the only seat set with the fixed curtain and extra air vents, so it WILL be used.
Johan-
From what i understand from pilot buddies is that is was a pissing contest over the 767 replacement. 767 had no bunks, thus...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is the only seat set with . . . extra air vents
Really?

Do pilots need more air than mere mortals? Or is this a tacit admission that pax get less fresh air than they should?

From what i understand from pilot buddies is that is was a pissing contest over the 767 replacement. 767 had no bunks, thus...
Well, I guess they won't need bunks if they spend their time holding pissing contests. Bedwetters excepted, of course.

Johan
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:35 am

I understand when the curtains make it quite stuffy when they are closed hence the extra vents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.