Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM E-Ticket Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

KLM E-Ticket Question

I bought a multi-destination ticket from KLM at their website. I received a flight booking code by email and my credit card was charged. The confirmation email says that my e-ticket will come to my email. However, I never received the e-ticket. I am able to look up the 13 digit ticket number on their website. So it seems that I have everything I need to be able to check in. I emailed them about it and never got a response. I wonder how long shall I wait for the e-ticket in my email before I should call them.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
The fastest solution is to log-on on airfrance.com as there you see your flight itinerary and down on the same page you have an option to demand your mémo de voyage (your e-ticket). It will automatically be send to you within seconds (without agents having to look into it and waiting waiting waiting).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

I don't see this option, unfortunately. Do you go through "view your reservation"?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mrbreeze
I don't see this option, unfortunately. Do you go through "view your reservation"?
I can't find it either that way.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

where else can you log on then, besides where you view your reservation?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:56 pm

where else can you log on then, besides where you view your reservation?
Iam a bit confused:
- Do you have a booking reference/code?
- Then log on klm.com
- go to manage may booking and key in the data
- it will then show an overview over your flight details
- scroll down to print: booking details, purchase confirmation (may not be there if ticket is purchased via agent), invoice (may not be possible if purchsed through an agent)

Last edited by SQ325; Aug 16, 2011 at 12:02 am
Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I am able to look up the 13 digit ticket number on their website.
Does this number start with 074 or 74? If so, then this number is your e-ticket number.

A booking/reservation overview can be retrieved from the Manage my booking page, by entering the Reservation code (6 characters). If you don't have that code (it should be on your booking confirmation though), use the "I've lost my booking code"function on that same page.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:41 am
Original Poster

yes i have the 13-digit number starting with 07 and the 6-digit booking code. i bought the ticket at klm website. still i can't print the purchase confirmation or an invoice.

the reason i was asking this question here was that klm sent me the confirmation email saying e-tickets will also be sent to my email address. but they never came. i don't really know what they are supposed to be. i know what a boarding pass is, but you get it right before you fly.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:47 am

yes i have the 13-digit number starting with 07 and the 6-digit booking code. i bought the ticket at klm website. still i can't print the purchase confirmation or an invoice.

the reason i was asking this question here was that klm sent me the confirmation email saying e-tickets will also be sent to my email address. but they never came. i don't really know what they are supposed to be. i know what a boarding pass is, but you get it right before you fly.
May I ask what do you need it for? The booking code is good enough to check in, the booking details show the itenary and the e-mail shows the price.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ325
May I ask what do you need it for? The booking code is good enough to check in, the booking details show the itenary and the e-mail shows the price.
I actually had the same question. I just wanted to make sure everything is alright. Don't you usually get it as the confirmation letter says? Another thing that worries me is that one segment is an Air Baltic flight, and their website does not let me track the booking with the code I have from klm or the delta code
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:26 am

Then you better call them.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:30 am

I actually had the same question. I just wanted to make sure everything is alright. Don't you usually get it as the confirmation letter says? Another thing that worries me is that one segment is an Air Baltic flight, and their website does not let me track the booking with the code I have from klm or the delta code
In my case the bookings are mostly done by my company, so I anyway dont have much more than an itinerary. Normally I only bring my boardingpass to the airport. But I havent taken any codeshares flights operated by others than KL/AF.

The bookingcode/e-ticketnumber is only valid on KL, with that numbers you can't do anything on the Baltic website. This is quite normal (i had such an issue with LH/SQ recently). Nothing to worry about.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:12 am

That's normal.

Every airline has its own system of codes (PNRs), so if you're travelling on multiple airlines then there will be a different code for each.

KLM will have a record of your Air Baltic PNR - it probably won't be visible to you, but it will be visible to their reservations staff. So - to track the flight on the Air Baltic web site you will first of all need to get the right PNR.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
That's normal.

Every airline has its own system of codes (PNRs), so if you're travelling on multiple airlines then there will be a different code for each.

KLM will have a record of your Air Baltic PNR - it probably won't be visible to you, but it will be visible to their reservations staff. So - to track the flight on the Air Baltic web site you will first of all need to get the right PNR.
Actually, I once had a segment on Emirates bought as part of a KL itinerary (on KL stock). I entered the KLM PNR on the EK website and it told me to go away, so I entered the (074) e-ticket number and it came up with the EK PNR and showed me the booked segment! It wouldn't let me check in, though (it was the first segment of my return trip, and the KL website wouldn't let me check in, either).

-- Henry
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Henry III
Actually, I once had a segment on Emirates bought as part of a KL itinerary (on KL stock). I entered the KLM PNR on the EK website and it told me to go away, so I entered the (074) e-ticket number and it came up with the EK PNR and showed me the booked segment! It wouldn't let me check in, though (it was the first segment of my return trip, and the KL website wouldn't let me check in, either).

-- Henry
Does KLM sell tickets for EK flights?
May I ask what route is was?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.