FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Is there Arrival Lounge at Amsterdam airport ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1218473-there-arrival-lounge-amsterdam-airport.html)

BDQBDQ May 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Is there Arrival Lounge at Amsterdam airport ?

Any arrival lounge at AMS by either KLM or AF or DL ?

Arriving AMS in Business Class with SkyMile Platinum Elite card

( if not, can one still use Departure Lounge inside the Terminal to freshen up ?)

<AF has a nice arrival lounge at CDG!>

KLflyerRalph May 23, 2011 12:53 pm

You may use the KLM Crown Lounge (airside, normal departure lounge) if you are a Business Class pax or ST Elite+ arriving on a KLM/AF/SkyTeam flight arriving on that day.

BDQBDQ May 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you for information

JBD Aug 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph (Post 16435642)
You may use the KLM Crown Lounge (airside, normal departure lounge) if you are a Business Class pax or ST Elite+ arriving on a KLM/AF/SkyTeam flight arriving on that day.

Is this still the case?

I'll be flying KLM's direct LAX-AMS in World Business Class.

YYZMIAZRH Aug 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by JBD (Post 25337263)
Is this still the case?

I'll be flying KLM's direct LAX-AMS in World Business Class.

2 weeks ago when arriving from YYZ in WBC I was denied entry and told "this is not an arrival lounge".

JBD Aug 28, 2015 4:29 am

Originally Posted by YYZMIAZRH (Post 25339594)
2 weeks ago when arriving from YYZ in WBC I was denied entry and told "this is not an arrival lounge".

That seems to answer that!

Thanks for your reply.

Xandrios Aug 28, 2015 2:17 pm

I am regularly using the crown lounge as an arrival lounge. Though I enter through Flying Blue status, flying KLM economy..

johan rebel Aug 29, 2015 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 25343706)
I am regularly using the crown lounge as an arrival lounge. Though I enter through Flying Blue status.

Same here. Not quite sure, but I think use on arrival is a PE perk.

Johan

KLflyerRalph Aug 29, 2015 2:52 am

I've written in December 2013 that the KLM lounges could be used on arrival until 11:00 by WBC PAX who decided to skip breakfast onboard and wanted something to eat in the lounge.
I read that probably in Zakenreis/Luchtvaartnieuws/FlyingDutchman/HollandHerald/? but I can't for the life of me retrieve the article.

Brendan88 Aug 29, 2015 10:27 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph (Post 25345800)
I've written in December 2013 that the KLM lounges could be used on arrival until 11:00 by WBC PAX who decided to skip breakfast onboard and wanted something to eat in the lounge.
I read that probably in Zakenreis/Luchtvaartnieuws/FlyingDutchman/HollandHerald/? but I can't for the life of me retrieve the article.

But things might have changed due to the new security checks. I did use it a few times before they switched to centralised security. But have not tried after, I think it would be a problem to enter if you are coming from a destination that must pass security before entering the departure terminal.

Xandrios Aug 30, 2015 4:21 am

That would indeed be a problem in some cases, though it seems that we are talking about a flight coming in from the U.S., to which this would not apply.

KLflyerRalph Aug 30, 2015 4:59 am

Air France has recently removed the conditions on their website for entry on arrival at the AMS Crown Lounge (STE+ arriving on a Skyteam flight) so perhaps they are trying to limit the number of users. Or by making it an unpublished benefit, they give the lounge agents the discretion to grant or refuse access whenever they feel like it.

nk15 Mar 6, 2017 11:42 pm

Any updates on this? I am STE+ arriving from a US KLM flight in economy, can I use it as an arrival lounge?

Mirk Mar 7, 2017 8:35 am

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 28002171)
Any updates on this? I am STE+ arriving from a US KLM flight in economy, can I use it as an arrival lounge?

I think you do but it may have changed. You can give it a try no matter what ;)

caliform Mar 7, 2017 11:28 am

And please report here if you find out!