Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there Arrival Lounge at Amsterdam airport ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
Any updates on this? I am STE+ arriving from a US KLM flight in economy, can I use it as an arrival lounge?
You should be able to (I often do, arriving from BCN as a FB elite+). But bear in mind you will only be able to spend about 10 minutes in the lounge if you want to reach the baggage hall in time to collect any baggage you may have checked in.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
You should be able to (I often do, arriving from BCN as a FB elite+). But bear in mind you will only be able to spend about 10 minutes in the lounge if you want to reach the baggage hall in time to collect any baggage you may have checked in.
Plus, arriving from the US, anywhere between no time to hours in passport control.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Ok, I will report back, I will have no checked baggage and an EU passport so I should breeze through and relax. There is another thread on this topic and people were reporting as recent as fall 2016 that they got in, except for Delta elites, so it looks positive.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: United Global
Update?

Any new information here? I am arriving from LAX on KLM in their business class and would like to take a shower in AMS before leaving Schiphol. Hoping this is possible, so would appreciate any experiences. I also have a Priority Pass, if that helps.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you are FB Gold or Platinum, you can use the KLM Crown Lounge on arrival. Expect long waiting times for using the shower.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carel1
Expect long waiting times for using the shower.
No kidding!

I was staying at the airside Mercure recently when a lounge agent came over begging for showers. She had a waitlist of 80+. The hotel receptionist told me that it happens all the time, and they can only rarely help.

Johan
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Flying World Business Class ATL-AMS and then connecting to a CityHopper flight in business class AMS-BOD.

Will we have lounge access following our 6:00 am arrival from ATL at AMS?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes, European flights in Businss Class do have lounge access.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
It's been a year so I figure I will bump this thread again. Flying YYZ-AMS in KL J. I am DL Diamond and will be with Mrs. Lee who has no status. I believe the renovations should be done before our trip (November).

Really just want to take a shower before heading into the city, as I doubt we'll be able to get into our hotel until the afternoon. Will not have checked bags so getting to baggage claim is not an issue.

If the lounge isn't available I suppose we will book a couple hours with Yotel.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
Really just want to take a shower.
Then try the Mercure.

Johan
Old May 5, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Then try the Mercure.

Johan
Well, yes. But if I'm allowed into the KLM lounge for no fee that might be preferable.

Although now Mrs. Lee is interested in a short nap before heading in so we may end up at Yotel anyway. I assume it is still accessible for arriving pax as it has been in the past? No checked bags, so would just go straight there before clearing customs & immigration.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, yes. But if I'm allowed into the KLM lounge for no fee that might be preferable.
Depends entirely on how long they make you wait for a shower. Could be hours.

Johan
gooselee likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Depends entirely on how long they make you wait for a shower. Could be hours.

Johan
I was there about a week ago, Sat morning coming off a TATL from JFK. Waited only about 10 minutes for a shower. YMMV.
gooselee and Giantlonglegs like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
It's been a year so I figure I will bump this thread again. Flying YYZ-AMS in KL J. I am DL Diamond and will be with Mrs. Lee who has no status. I believe the renovations should be done before our trip (November).

Really just want to take a shower before heading into the city, as I doubt we'll be able to get into our hotel until the afternoon. Will not have checked bags so getting to baggage claim is not an issue.

If the lounge isn't available I suppose we will book a couple hours with Yotel.
2 notes — as a DL DM and ST E+, been denied access as ‘arrival lounge’ unless I have a KL onward flight but was allowed access when onward flight on Jet, not that it matters any more.
Also denied access to PP lounge as ‘arrival lounge.’
Arriving about 11 am on a Wed on a connection, the wait for a shower was about 45 minutes. And the shower was at the Mercure. It looked like 2 - 4 of the showers were available for KL passengers.
Doesn’t the Yotel require a boarding pass departing on check out day?
gooselee likes this.

Last edited by mot29; May 12, 2019 at 6:04 am
Old May 12, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mot29
been denied access as ‘arrival lounge’ unless I have a KL onward flight but was allowed access when onward flight on Jet,
Not sure I get your point.

If you have an onward flight on KL or partners, you are a connecting pax, so of course you have access just like all other eligible pax.

If AMS is you final destination you can use the lounge if you are FB Plat or higher, and have arrived on a qualifying flight.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.