Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM: Customer support through Social media

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Royce
Have any FTers had a "KLMsurprise" yet?
I'm sitting in AMS now, but not expecting one, as my last message on twitter was saying that I'd received a @klmsurprise of a one hour flight delay.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry III
Recently described by a KLM pilot as, "[I]A fine piece of pavement but, unfortunately, a long way from our gate
Described yesterday by a BA pilot as "unfortunate" and "the runway farthest from the terminal at any airport in Europe". He presumably only said that because he doesn't fly longhaul.

Johan
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Small bump. KLM recently added this (tacky) video to their Youtube channel about the gifts to pax. Not impressed for example by the fact that a guy got a pack of dextro.
Was impressed by the fact that they booked an older lady in EC for free.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Not sure what to think of this to be very honest.

The cynic in me says: "you want to do a whole lot more good, then there are many other things that could be addressed".
The optimist in me says: "wow, that they actually assign manpower to do this is quite innovative and attentative".

Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
I've long wondered, does KL management know of, and occasionally, read FT? (no, not the Financial Times.)

Given the sometimes caustic, but honest, feedback to KL policies and personnel that can be found here, one might assume that if they were remotely interested in having their service match their rhetoric (Flights of Inspiration, etc.) this would be a good place to learn what their customers really think.

As a Yank who visits the NL often (but not often enough in my book) and who frequently travels from the east coast of the US to Thailand via AMS so that I can fly KL (don't ask me why) I wonder why KL management seems to ignore the goldmine of consumer feedback that is available here.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Looks like at least one person behind KLM's social media 'task force' is revealed. With the bad weather conditions accros Europe, the latest status message on KLM facebook says to directly message Amber G (her full name is mentioned) as "Our Facebookaccount does not allow us to send DM's anymore and we have limited possibility to post on the wall. We will confirm your rebooking via e-mail"
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:50 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
They have real bad luck with that; seems Twitter is limiting the amount of DM's they can send to people for rebooking. I'm not quite sure who is to blame - KL should perhaps have informed Twitter of the volume of DM's and have the limit lifted? Anyway...its a pretty ad thing that now when its needed the most...it doesnt work.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by ajs123
Looks like at least one person behind KLM's social media 'task force' is revealed. With the bad weather conditions accros Europe, the latest status message on KLM facebook says to directly message Amber G (her full name is mentioned) as "Our Facebookaccount does not allow us to send DM's anymore and we have limited possibility to post on the wall. We will confirm your rebooking via e-mail"
DM's? Don't you mean PM's?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
It's the same concept but on Twitter they're called DMs (Direct Messages).
Old Dec 20, 2010, 1:42 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by mfkne
It's the same concept but on Twitter they're called DMs (Direct Messages).
Thank you for the clarification. I am not too familiar with Twitter.

Gajan
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
KLM Surprise is back

KLM Surprise is back. If you fancy the chance of getting a gift from KLM, let (them) know when you're travelling on either Twitter, Facebook or Foursquare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.