Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM: Customer support through Social media

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
I'm starting to get assaulted by people handling Facebook/Twitter for AF regarding customer problems :P
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
KLM geeft kleine cadeautjes weg

KLM geeft mensen die inchecken op Schiphol een 'Little act of kindness'. Zo willen ze onderzoeken hoe blijdschap zich verspreidt.

Check je in bij één van de Foursquare venues van KLM of maak je via Twitter kenbaar dat je met KLM gaat vliegen de aankomende dagen, dan kun je verrast worden met een klein aardigheidje op Schiphol.

Een team speurt Foursquare en Twitter af om te zien bij welke gate mensen zijn. Via Twitter vragen ze waar ze je kunnen treffen om vervolgens een persoonlijk, op maat, cadeautje te overhandigen.

Zo gaf het KLM Surprise team PSV-fan Willem een boekje van New York met daarin aangestreept alle bars waar hij voetbal kon kijken. Hij zou dat weekend anders de wedstrijd PSV-Twente kunnen missen. Zojuist hebben ze KLM-fan Tim een horloge gegeven.

Het is een mooie en sympathieke manier om klanten of potentiële klanten te verrassen. De eerste reacties van ontvangers zijn positief en aan de foto's te zien is er een hoop blijdschap.
Short translation: If you checkin with foursqare or Twitter at AMS, KL *might* surprise you with a free gift as part of their 'happiness research'.

Lets try this friday, lol. They have been giving away some nice aviator watches :P
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:22 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Short translation: If you checkin with foursqare or Twitter at AMS, KL *might* surprise you with a free gift as part of their 'happiness research'.

Lets try this friday, lol. They have been giving away some nice aviator watches :P
Are you sure they didn't gave away exactly _one_ Aviator watch.
And that's not because someone checked in at AMS but because Tim van Waard checked in.

But please do tell us whether you've gotten anything on Friday...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Cupart
I actually used Facebook...

Cher Cupart, I was under the impression that you considered Facebook's contribution to global society to be about as positive as the Black Death or a major meteorite impact. Or have the Silicon Worms finally penetrated your cranium?

I'm with Aviatrix on this one!

-- H
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Your RH,

Originally Posted by Henry III

Cher Cupart, I was under the impression that you considered Facebook's contribution to global society to be about as positive as the Black Death or a major meteorite impact. Or have the Silicon Worms finally penetrated your cranium?

I'm with Aviatrix on this one!

-- H
I could not agree more. What ever happened to the good old process of using a quill and ink to write to your suppliers!

But indeed, I am staying nicely away from both Facebook and Twitter ...

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ixs
Are you sure they didn't gave away exactly _one_ Aviator watch.
And that's not because someone checked in at AMS but because Tim van Waard checked in.
Who is Tim van Waard?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:25 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Who is Tim van Waard?
Ahh. Tim is the guy who created the KLM account on Twitter and then handed it off to KLM when they decided to start using that web2.0 thingy.
He's using the klmfan account on Twitter nowadays and was advising KLM a bit on that social media hype thingy.
I assume this is the main reason why he got the Aviator watch from KLM Surprises when he was in Schiphol the other day flying with some Danish LLC...
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So what youre saying is they got the KLM twitter account for free; well, for the price of a watch? Plus all the free publicity for 'giving out watches'. Hmm. Sounds like KLM indeed ;-)
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
With some companies it seems you get a better response using Twitter than conventional means.

e.g. on bmi a quick message to Twitter meant they processed my gold upgrade voucher whereas earlier that day their call centre said an upgrade on that flight was not possible due to business class being full. When I boarded I found I was the only one in business!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
they processed my gold upgrade voucher
You might want to change that BD*S under your nick then
Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:49 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by troje
I now wonder if they consider FT as one of the social media sources
As mentioned in July on the AF board, FlyerTalk is indeed mentioned in the Corporate Social Responsibility Report, on page number 37, as part of one of the AF/KL stakeholder groups.

http://www.airfranceklm-finance.com/...hp?fileid=1305
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
KLM Surprise

So following the inevitable stream of complaints people seem to make in the direction of @KLM on Twitter, it's good to see they've learned their social media mistakes by launching http://surprise.klm.com - little acts of kindness, but unfortunately with an unrestricted twitterfall of anything that contains the hashtag #klmsurprise.

I genuinely think this is quite a nice idea, if a little bit naïve. It took about 30 minutes for the hashtag feed to get hijacked by trolls, with social media types already ridiculing it.

Have any FTers had a "KLMsurprise" yet?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I wouldn't like my questions or problems sorted by PM because I don't think you can keep a trace, right?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Royce
Have any FTers had a "KLMsurprise" yet?
Yes. I landed on the Polderbaan the other week and had a 20 minute taxi to the gate.

Oh. You mean a good KLM surprise?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by markle
I landed on the Polderbaan the other week and had a 20 minute taxi to the gate.
Recently described by a KLM pilot as, "A fine piece of pavement but, unfortunately, a long way from our gate!"

-- H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.