Delay Question?

Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum, BA Silver
Delay Question?

Hi,

I just discovered this site and it ahs some interesting stories and information on it. I have a question after reading some of the posts here.

Last week I was delayed by one day, coming home from Chengdu, China. My route was CTU-PVG-AMS-EDI. I was due in EDI at 2135 on the 07Sep. The first leg of my journey was 1hr 30mins late leaving CTU so I missed my connection to AMS, the next available seat was on the 10Sep so I was put on the waiting list! Luckily, I managed to get a seat on the flight the following day 08Sep. I evetually arrived in EDI at 2135 on 08Sep, one day later than expected. I complained to KLM about the service I received at Shanghai.

KLM customer services have given me 5000 level miles and offered to refund the cost of my hotel in Shanghai for the night (Ł60).
I accepted this but after reading some threads on here should I be trying to seek further compensation or is the offer they made reasonable?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
What was your connection time at PVG?

As it seems you were delayed on a domestic flight in China, I do not think you're entitle to EU compensation.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: 2015 kettle
Delay Question?

I may be wrong, but I think once you accept their offer--case closed.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum, BA Silver
It was the Chengdu to Shanghai flight which was delayed due to ATC restrictions.

And I dont mind acceppting the offer. The women on Customer services was really nice. If thats the end of it, I'm happy. But just thought I would ask the question...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.