New route: KLM to Bali (Denpasar)

Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What is the service like in WBC on the SIN-DPS flight?

Blue houses offered? Got my first two a couple weeks ago. Would like to add a third.

FWIW, I booked this on KL because the flight times were acceptable and the fare considerably less than SQ. Plus, I will earn DL SkyMiles for the ride.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Besides pre take off drinks crew will offer menu with 2 choices, followed by coffee/chocolate and off course hot towels and taxfree

in economy they also offer a hot meal both ways and complimentary drinks.
Plane used is mostly b 773 as Dps Is very seasonly they can offer very good deals on this tail end flight. Lately they do offer very good WBC deals as well from AMS if booked at least 90 days in advance

And yes they do offer a Delft Blue House to pax boarding from Sin to DPS, same on return. Enjoy yr trip

Last edited by splflyer; Sep 18, 2014 at 7:34 am Reason: forgotten item added
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Excellent. Thank you, splflyer.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by splflyer
Besides pre take off drinks crew will offer menu with 2 choices, followed by coffee/chocolate and off course hot towels and taxfree

in economy they also offer a hot meal both ways and complimentary drinks.
Plane used is mostly b 773 as Dps Is very seasonly they can offer very good deals on this tail end flight. Lately they do offer very good WBC deals as well from AMS if booked at least 90 days in advance

And yes they do offer a Delft Blue House to pax boarding from Sin to DPS, same on return. Enjoy yr trip
With my apologies for a temporary highjacking of this thread, is the set-up in WBC on other 5th freedom flights similar, viz. huisjes and a meal? The specific route I have in mind is SCL-EZE.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
@ Nick B
there is indeed a similar service offered on EZE-SCL in WBC incl DBH for boarding pax ex EZE.
In economy they offer a hot meal or snack depending on season
Btw also Air Canada offers this route but with b 763 iso B 773 as KLM does. KLM is een cheaper but for sure not as cheap as in Asia. If you are in the area Air France also offers daily EZE-MVD, connecting with KLM flights to/from Ams making EZE a mini hub like SIN/KUL
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by splflyer
@ Nick B
there is indeed a similar service offered on EZE-SCL in WBC incl DBH for boarding pax ex EZE.
In economy they offer a hot meal or snack depending on season
Btw also Air Canada offers this route but with b 763 iso B 773 as KLM does. KLM is een cheaper but for sure not as cheap as in Asia. If you are in the area Air France also offers daily EZE-MVD, connecting with KLM flights to/from Ams making EZE a mini hub like SIN/KUL
Thanks splflyer. I was at some point going to fly into EZE with AF but I will now be flying into SCL with DL and out of EZE also with DL, using KL for the SCL-EZE. Yes, I saw the AF MVD flight but I don' think I will be using it this time round.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Can anyone comment on the reliability of the short flights, particularly DPS-SIN?

The price is excellent for a weekend trip from SIN, but I need to be back for a meeting on Monday and won't be too happy if there is a mechanical...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I don't see a reason to be concerned.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by florin
I don't see a reason to be concerned.
+1. And KL service is certainly more reliable than all those LCC which have invaded this market and which cancel flights all the time.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I just booked 2 tickets in J, for S$440 each. Incredible price. 2 years ago we booked the same flight for S$500 in J.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Haven't flown KLM before so apologies for the rather basic questions.

Need to book 2x SIN - DPS OW for this upcoming March and KLM is coming in as the cheapest option. It's ~$230 USD for 2x in Y or $580 for 2x in J.

It appears from the seatmap that at least for now it's a 77W with new J (2-2-2 seating). Despite that I'm having a hard time justifying the additional $250 USD for a 2 hour flight especially since it seems that our bags will fly for free even in Y and I can snag seat selection for 7 SGD/person at booking for the non-"Premium" Y seats.

Am I missing anything or should I just go Y (30 BC and HJ are open which seem like good seats with lots of leg-room) and perhaps bid for a cheap upgrade at flight time?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Opinions will no doubt vary, but I would not consider J for flights under 3 hours or so. Up to about 5 hours it will depend on the price difference and whether the airline offers proper business class seats and catering.

In any case, the J class F&B doesn't justify the extra US$ 250.--

Johan
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Opinions will no doubt vary, but I would not consider J for flights under 3 hours or so. Up to about 5 hours it will depend on the price difference and whether the airline offers proper business class seats and catering.

Johan
I think it's $250 for two tickets, so it might be actually worthwhile to go for J - you get a huisje, don't you?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajs123
I think it's $250 for two tickets, so it might be actually worthwhile to go for J - you get a huisje, don't you?
Yes, you do. You can also buy them online for 10 or 15 each (the more recent houses are more expensive, but patience will be rewarded. Soon enough they will be "found" in sufficient numbers to bring the price down).

You can also buy a complete set (1-96) for 1,050.-- That's slightly less than the price of two SIN-DPS OW J tickets, but you get 48 times as many houses, without even having to leave your own.

Johan
tff likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

Johan
Originally Posted by ajs123
Yes, you do. You can also buy them online for 10 or 15 each (the more recent houses are more expensive, but patience will be rewarded. Soon enough they will be "found" in sufficient numbers to bring the price down).

You can also buy a complete set (1-96) for 1,050.-- That's slightly less than the price of two SIN-DPS OW J tickets, but you get 48 times as many houses, without even having to leave your own.

Johan
Yep the difference $250 USD for 2 tickets ($230 total for 2 vs. $580 total for 2).

Still sounds like it may not be worth it - maybe I'll see if I can snag a lower upgrade at check-in.

I'm only thinking about it at all because it's showing as a refurb 77W with 2-2-2 but I'm not familiar with how frequently KLM swaps between old and new and I definitely wouldn't want to pay $250 additional for 2-3-2 J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.