Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Northeast Commuters Special

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Northeast Commuters Special

Frequent travelers, get a free* flight on routes you jet all the time! Take three trips between any of the cities below and we'll give you a certificate good for a free flight to any of the same routes:

Boston, MA to:

Buffalo, NY
Charlotte, NC
New York, NY (JFK)
Pittsburgh, PA
Raleigh, NC
Richmond, VA
Washington, DC/Dulles

New York, NY (JFK) to:

Burlington, VT
Buffalo, NY
Charlotte, NC
New York, NY (JFK)
Pittsburgh, PA
Portland, ME
Raleigh-Durham, NC
Richmond, VA
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY
Washington, DC/Dulles

In order to qualify for your free* flight, your three roundtrip flights must be booked and completed between March 25 and June 17, 2009. All customers on a reservation are eligible to qualify for this promotion as long as they register for the promotion prior to their first qualifying flight and meet all other requirements. Retroactive credits cannot be issued to customers who booked flights on or before March 25, 2009. The JetBlue Travel Certificate will be issued on or after July 1 for travel through December 15, 2009. Taxes, fees, and restrictions apply–see below for details.

https://www.jetblue.com/deals/tbprom...pecial20090325
Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:18 am

That New York, NY (JFK) to New York, NY (JFK) route must be a really popular run - a roundtrip to nowhere! Does it even get airborne?

I assume they meant New York, NY (JFK) to Boston, MA.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...ght-promo.html
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So it's buy 3 roundtrip tickets and get 1 roundtrip ticket free. In essence that is a 25% discount for commuters if there is space available using the promotional e-cert on the desired flights.

Six one-way flights don't qualify for the promotion according to the terms of the promotion.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
So it's buy 3 roundtrip tickets and get 1 roundtrip ticket free. In essence that is a 25% discount for commuters if there is space available using the promotional e-cert on the desired flights.

Six one-way flights don't qualify for the promotion according to the terms of the promotion.
I wouldn't expect the reward to be last-seat available and B6 reward inventory is generally pretty good, especially on the routes that the promo covers. The interesting part is the r/t v. o/w bit, as technically all B6 fares are o/w.

ETA: the fine print does specify r/t flights: "Roundtrip travel is defined as two or more flight segments on the same itinerary that originate and end in a Select City Pair." So you have to have both flights on a single PNR for it to count.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 27, 2009 at 9:21 am
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Can anyone confirm that it is three round trips between ANY of the locations listed and not just three round trips between the same pair of cities?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ZapperO
Can anyone confirm that it is three round trips between ANY of the locations listed and not just three round trips between the same pair of cities?

Thanks!
The fine print says any three trips in the city pairs gets a cert for one trip between any of the city pairs. I read it as the same route the first time but upon closer review realized that I was wrong in that.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
I appreciate the clarification. Good to know that it is indeed for any of the city pairs.

This is actually a VERY nice promotion for biz travelers because it is not an instant discount that goes back to corporate but rather something you can keep for yourself

Originally Posted by sbm12
The fine print says any three trips in the city pairs gets a cert for one trip between any of the city pairs. I read it as the same route the first time but upon closer review realized that I was wrong in that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.