Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:24 pm

What is covered by the Checked Baggage Liability?

I was reading over :JetBlue's liability coverage for checked baggage.

here is the domestic one for any one who was wondering:

"For domestic transportation, JetBlue's liability for baggage is limited to $3,000 per passenger. General baggage rules: As set forth more fully in its Contract of Carriage and international passenger rules tariffs, JetBlue will not be responsible for fragile or perishable goods. JetBlue assumes no liability for oversized, overweight or overpacked baggage, or for loss of or damage to baggage parts such as wheels, straps, pockets, pull handles, zippers, hanger hooks or other items attached to baggage. JetBlue will not be responsible for the following items in checked or unchecked baggage: money, jewelry including watches, cameras, camcorders, any type of electronic equipment, including computers, valuable papers or documents and other similar items as described in more detail in the Contract of Carriage."

It rules out a lot of things and does not leave much. Whats types of items are covered by the airline?

Thanks again for your help for us travelers
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by Ace1087
I was reading over :JetBlue's liability coverage for checked baggage.

It rules out a lot of things and does not leave much. Whats types of items are covered by the airline?

Thanks again for your help for us travelers
In my short, and I mean short tour of duty as a baggage service lead before I went inflight we covered items in baggage which could obviously be seen that we somehow created the damage. An example, something protruded a checked rollaboard and damaged clothing inside of it. To this day I could not figure out what it was, but we did it and we reimburse the customer accordingly.

As for that scratch mark on your $3000 coach checked bag. No. We don't cover that. Suitcases are designed to protect contents on the inside and the outside WILL get scratched, scuffed, dinged. And guess what? It's not always the airlines fault. For example in BOS when you drop a checked bag off at ANY airline in terminal C it will go through an automated baggage system to reach TSA before going to the aircraft. This automated system has "kickers" which maneuver the bag to appropriate airline piers. Your bag may potentially be scuffed (ie mark) from the kickers. This device is not owned by the airline. But then your checked bag gets placed on a tug, and then placed on another belt onto the aircraft before being placed onboard. My suggestion: Don't buy an materialistic suitcase and get upset. Buy a dependable, yet not worried about scratches Samsonite, TUMI, or similar. I've had my Samsonite for a decade.

Another example was when someone checked a suitcase with their electronics and a bottle of red wine. I'm sure you can guess what happened and the customers wish to replace the wine, clothes, and electronics. We do not cover fragile items (ie glass) as do most of any other airline. So that claim was denied. We always suggest to ship with insurance on a reputable courier such as UPS or Fedex.

Please be advised this is from personal history and once again rules and policies may have changed. As my disclaimer states with my signature, my posts have no official backing from JetBlue and I am posting this on my own behalf as an assist to air travelers.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Are there any good restaurants in the Burbank airport?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
Originally Posted by sbm12
The E-190 only has 32" of pitch with exception of the exit row.
Can we get this statement confirmed for accuracy?

This is why I ask:

When you select seats on the E190 it promotes the EML row as 38" and then groups all of the other rows and says you get "up to 34" of comfortable seat pitch".

My sense is this is what might be happening (assuming they didn't reconfigure these planes):
They want to upsell EML, so they'd rather not give the perception that theres a whole bunch of 34" seats, so they lump all the 32" rows and 34" together, and make no distinction.

So, unless there is definitive proof otherwise, my hunch is the back of the E190 is still at 34" as per seatguru. (I've only flown on the A320s this calendar year)
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The back half of the E190 is 33" pitch (and that's what SeatGuru says), not 34" but it is more than the 32" up front.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
Originally Posted by sbm12
The back half of the E190 is 33" pitch (and that's what SeatGuru says), not 34" but it is more than the 32" up front.
So I wonder where this 34" row is of which the B6 seat selector page speaks....
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:53 am

I've always wondered... how well stocked are all the free snacks? In the past I've felt awkward asking for multiple items so I wouldn't have to wait for the second rounds or whatever, but do flights ever run out of those things?

(btw, first-time FT poster)
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by LaViajera
I've always wondered... how well stocked are all the free snacks? In the past I've felt awkward asking for multiple items so I wouldn't have to wait for the second rounds or whatever, but do flights ever run out of those things?

WELCOME!!

All i have to say, when it comes to snacks, is ask away! I have yet to run out of snacks unless provisioning failed to fully fill the bins. We did IAD-OAK-BOS today and were only catered out of IAD in the morning. Both IAD-OAK bad about 120 customers and OAK-BOS had 150 and we didn't run out. So don't feel bad asking for seconds, thirds,or fourths! I joke with customers, If you haven't gained 5-10lbs by the time you leave my plane I haven't done my job properly!
Old Aug 31, 2008, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Movies for September

Westbound/Southbound

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Famed archaeologist Dr. Henry “Indiana” Jones is called into action when he becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind a mysterious crystal skull.

The Visitor
A widowed college professor travels to New York City to attend a conference and finds a young couple living in his apartment.

The Happening
In this paranoid thriller, a family is on the run from a natural crisis that presents a large-scale threat to humanity.

Eastbound/Northbound

You Don’t Mess with the Zohan
An Israeli Special Forces soldier fakes his death so he can re-emerge in New York City as a hair stylist.

Speed Racer
Speed Racer, a young man with natural racing instincts, has a goal: to win The Crucible, a car race that took the life of his older brother, Rex Racer.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
When a devastated Peter takes a Hawaiian vacation in order to deal with recent break-up with his TV star girlfriend, the last thing he expects is to run into her—and her new boyfriend—at his resort.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by LaViajera

I always ask for multiple items and have yet to be told NO or even get any attitude from an FA.

My favorites include the Munchie Mix + Biscotti and 2 cans of AriZona Ice Tea.

--Russ
Old Sep 1, 2008, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
I always ask for multiple items and have yet to be told NO or even get any attitude from an FA.

My favorites include the Munchie Mix + Biscotti and 2 cans of AriZona Ice Tea.

--Russ
If I can I try to give out 2 cans of Ice Tea or Juice. We have the small cans of juice and when compared to the soda, juice drinkers get screwed because they are smaller and have less contents.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
The Spring! Water that is served.

1. Is it in individual bottles?
2. How big are the bottles? 8 oz? 16?

The reason I ask is I want to bring onboard those mixes for ice tea and lemonade that you can put into bottled water, but they are designed for 16.9oz bottles.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
8 oz
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:48 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thanks for the amazing job that you do here JetBlueFA. I will be flying B9 from SFO-AUS-FLL for the first time next October and I have a friend who likes to collect airline memorabilia. Does B9 carry things like wings, post cards or any type of souvenirs to give away? Are there playing cards for sale onboard? I tried the online shop but couldn't find any.

I look forward to my trip after all the positive feedback that I have encountered. After flying with the traditional carriers for so long it is refreshing to try new LCC's. So far I have tried Virgin America and Sun Country within the US and I have yet to be disappointed.

Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aw
Thanks for the amazing job that you do here JetBlueFA. I will be flying B9 from SFO-AUS-FLL for the first time next October and I have a friend who likes to collect airline memorabilia. Does B9 carry things like wings, post cards or any type of souvenirs to give away? Are there playing cards for sale onboard? I tried the online shop but couldn't find any.

I look forward to my trip after all the positive feedback that I have encountered. After flying with the traditional carriers for so long it is refreshing to try new LCC's. So far I have tried Virgin America and Sun Country within the US and I have yet to be disappointed.

Thanks.
The only think that we really carry on board are the kiddy wings. But don't feel silly asking for a pair because I've had several adults ask for them for the same reason as you. They like to collect Airline memorabilia and every little thing counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.