Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-ORD and BOS-MSY 05/01

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
BOS-ORD and BOS-MSY 05/01

These are the latest dots connected and they are effective May 1. We'd like more BOS-ORD flights but can't get any timed right with the current restrictions. MCO-BQN all gets a second daily flight.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
It's about time BOS-MSY is announced!

I did not see BOS-ORD coming, except when everyone predicted that over LGB in the rumors before the official PR. However, now that it's here, the times make no sense! It only accomodates business travelers flying west to ORD, not ones flying ORD-BOS for a day trip. In order for them to have an effictive day trip, they will need to connect via JFK or spend the night. Hopefully those restrictions will allow for at least one more segment in each direction to be added VERY SOON.

Also, are the MSY and ORD flights from BOS going to be operated on the 190 or 320?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:36 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL

I did not see BOS-ORD coming, except when everyone predicted that over LGB in the rumors before the official PR. However, now that it's here, the times make no sense! It only accomodates business travelers flying west to ORD, not ones flying ORD-BOS for a day trip. In order for them to have an effictive day trip, they will need to connect via JFK or spend the night. Hopefully those restrictions will allow for at least one more segment in each direction to be added VERY SOON.

Also, are the MSY and ORD flights from BOS going to be operated on the 190 or 320?
I saw the press release this morning and initiall had the same reation about the ORD-BOS passengers, but I've a feeeling the JetBlueFA is onto something. It's probably got to do with the slot controls at ORD. So, B6 figured they should at least get their foot in the door and get some of the market so and give some satisfaction to their patrons at BOS rather than nothin' at all.

As far as which bird? I'm just as curious. I didn't see it the PR and I skimmed through it twice this morning before leaving for work. Then again, I may have missed it b/c I didn't read too carefully due to the lack of time (appearently, my boss likes me in on time ).
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
These are the latest dots connected and they are effective May 1. We'd like more BOS-ORD flights but can't get any timed right with the current restrictions. MCO-BQN all gets a second daily flight.
How well will the BOS-ORD flights do? It is head on with UA and AA, and to a certain extended with FL.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, DL Gold Medallion, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
It's about time, is right! There were very heavy rumors about this (and it was also told to me by a FA) in early 2005, but then it seemed that Katrina foiled the plans! I'd love to see JetBlue connect the dots FROM MSY to places like LGB, SFO, and -- if slot space were available -- ORD.

Now that we're up to 3x/daily between JFK and MSY on the 190s, I'd bet that the BOS-MSY roundtrip will also be on the 190, at least for the beginning. However, maybe since it's only 1x/daily, they'll see how loads are with a 320 to start off with.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
It's official PR from B6 for BOS-MSY/ORD & MCO-BQN

Here I have a press releasable from B6 has adds new routes from BOS-MSY/ORD and gets second dailies from MCO-BQN, too. Here it is:

for MCO-BQN:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/080130/135269.html

for BOS-MSY/ORD:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/080130/135192.html

I have heard B6 is awaited from DOT decision more specific new routes from Florida-BOG coming between in 2008 or 2009. Thanks, Guys!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I think BOS-MSY will do extremely well. I can see that flight getting upgraded to a 320 fairly quickly. I think BOS-ORD will take some time and is just there for people who know us. I feel that there is no way we could pull massive amounts of traffic from UA and AA. They are well entrenched with very loyal frequent fliers. FL dropped their BOS-MDW service and WN flies MDW-PVD, MDW-BDL, and MDW-MHT. You will see me on the BOS-ORD flights though on my commute! ^
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:23 pm
Suspended

FL dropped their BOS-MDW service and WN flies MDW-PVD, MDW-BDL, and MDW-MHT. You will see me on the BOS-ORD flights though on my commute! ^
It seems BOS-MDW on FL is dropped during the winter season. Returns in spring.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
It seems BOS-MDW on FL is dropped during the winter season. Returns in spring.
Yes, of course. I know FL has been discontinuation due to low traveler season. Hopefully FL will being reinstated from MDW-BOS sometimes in spring 2008. I'm sure B6 will done performing extremely very well from BOS-ORD. What about ORD does not have anymore slots restricted. Because ORD has always delays lot of leak aircraft due to overcrowded in ORD. I think some of those airlines must to be reductions the flights. When the new runway will be completed at ORD?
Old May 30, 2008, 4:40 pm
Suspended

I think BOS-MSY will do extremely well. I can see that flight getting upgraded to a 320 fairly quickly. I think BOS-ORD will take some time and is just there for people who know us. I feel that there is no way we could pull massive amounts of traffic from UA and AA. They are well entrenched with very loyal frequent fliers. FL dropped their BOS-MDW service and WN flies MDW-PVD, MDW-BDL, and MDW-MHT. You will see me on the BOS-ORD flights though on my commute! ^
So how is BOS-MSY doing? It seems it is still served with a ERJ?
Old May 30, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
So how is BOS-MSY doing? It seems it is still served with a ERJ?
I did the BOS MSY BOS turn on Sunday. Light going down, half full, but about 85% coming back. I've heard it's doing well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.