Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Promo - $25 off R/T & 50 TB Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels

saw this on airfarewatchdog

Remember to Register at http://tinyurl.com/4t4d86

As an American Express® Cardmember, receive $25 off plus 50 TrueBlue points when you book a JetBlue flight with any American Express Card. Since you can earn a free roundtrip flight anywhere JetBlue flies with just 100 points, this exclusive offer gets you halfway there! If you're not already a member, just sign up for TrueBlue, JetBlue's customer loyalty program, then purchase a roundtrip flight with any American Express Card by May 13, 2008, for travel between May 1 and June 18, 2008. If you have already registered, please go directly to jetblue.com/springdm to book your flight.

looks like you can also combine this promo with the ongoing new AMEX card promo that gives a statement credit and another 50 TB points

hth someone (as i've already bought other tix and need no other flights during the promo period )
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Thanks for the heads up, I will be booking something just for the points hehe!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm looking closely at the T&C and cannot determine if there is a limit to the number of 50 point bonuses one can earn. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery? I bolded one bit below that seems to imply that there is no limit, but I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by Terms and Conditions
Offer expires 5/13/08, 11:59 p.m. MT. Purchase with any American Express Credit or Charge Card between 4/1/08 and 5/13/08, 11:59 p.m. MT newly booked roundtrip travel on JetBlue for travel between 5/1/08 and 6/18/08 and Cardmember will receive $25 off of the JetBlue travel and 50 TrueBlue Points. Entire roundtrip must be completed by 6/18/08. Blackout dates 5/23/08 through 5/26/08 apply. The $25 discount is off of all published roundtrip fares. Offer is valid once per itinerary regardless of the number of flights or passengers booked and will be awarded only to the Cardmember. A purchase is required to take advantage of offer, Cardmember must register for promotion at www.jetblue.com/tryjetblue and book flights through dedicated booking mode in www.jetblue.com/springdm. If Cardmember does not book through this method, Cardmember will not be entitled to take advantage of this offer. Offer is available only to Cardmembers who are TrueBlue members in good standing (see TrueBlue Terms and Conditions) and registered for this promotion at www.jetblue.com/tryjetblue. Travel must be completed in order to receive the 50 TrueBlue Points. 50 TrueBlue points will be awarded to Cardmember and deposited within six weeks of the promotion's end date -- 6/18/08. Offer is nontransferable. Offer may not be used in conjunction with other special offers or towards the purchase of a JetBlue Gift Card, Getaways vacation packages, JetBlue Cruise, already booked flights, or changes to already booked flights. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation. Offer may not be redeemed for cash. If travel is cancelled or changed and falls outside of the above travel window, is made after 5/13/08, or is refunded, customer forfeits offer. TrueBlue Points are valid for one year from date of issuance. TrueBlue Terms and Conditions apply to TrueBlue Points. Offer may not be bartered, sold, posted on auction websites, or otherwise exchanged for value. Fulfillment of the offer is the sole responsibility of JetBlue.
Starting in JFK it looks like there are a fair number of ~$140 r/t options available for same day turns. These would become ~$115 with the discount, meaning that one could "buy" a reward ticket for ~$250, which isn't a terrible rate. And many of them can be done in a single day, flying JFK-BOS 2x in one day, for instance.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm
Old Apr 6, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Who gets the 50 points: traveler or cardholder?

This is a bit confusing. I want to book a flight for each of my parents and their travel falls under the applicable dates of this promo. I am the only one between the three of us that has a JetBlue Amex card. It is very unclear if the points are awarded to the cardholder (myself) or to the traveler (my parents). Or - would none of us see a reward since the cardholder and the traveler do not match in this case?

Also, if the points are awarded to the cardholder (not the traveler), what happens if I use an Amex card other than a JetBlue Amex to book the trip? Since each of my parents are traveling would it be possible to benefit twice by booking one itinerary with my JetBlue Amex and the other itinerary with a different Amex card? It never specifies that it has to be a JetBlue Amex.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by reidlewis
This is a bit confusing. I want to book a flight for each of my parents and their travel falls under the applicable dates of this promo. I am the only one between the three of us that has a JetBlue Amex card. It is very unclear if the points are awarded to the cardholder (myself) or to the traveler (my parents). Or - would none of us see a reward since the cardholder and the traveler do not match in this case?

Also, if the points are awarded to the cardholder (not the traveler), what happens if I use an Amex card other than a JetBlue Amex to book the trip? Since each of my parents are traveling would it be possible to benefit twice by booking one itinerary with my JetBlue Amex and the other itinerary with a different Amex card? It never specifies that it has to be a JetBlue Amex.
Well, the T&C clearly state that the trip can be booked and paid for with "any American Express card" so that shouldn't stop anyone from getting the points. I know that when CO used to run these promos the OP points just showed up in my account so it wasn't a big deal in that regard. I'm not sure how they'd deal with it on an itinerary where you weren't the one traveling, but my guess is that as long as you book it at the special URL while logged in as yourself you'll get the credits once your parents fly. The real question in my mind is whether you'll get 100 points if you book them on different PNRs. I believe you will.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
This is an amazing deal. I have two flights booked during that period (but they are both one-ways on totally different routes). What do you FTers think about me actually cancelling my itin's, pay the $40 fee, and rebook (considering the same or very close-to-it fare) to take advantage of this promo? The way I see it, if there's no difference in fare, then it would only cost me $15, which is well worth it considering the 50 bonus points. I get this by subtracting the $25 off from the $40 cancellation fee.

I didn't read the T&C's yet so I am not positive if it's applicable towards one-way travel anyway.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, nobody everywhere else
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I didn't read the T&C's yet so I am not positive if it's applicable towards one-way travel anyway.
Sounds like you're SOL. It quite specifically says on the description as well as on the T&C that you need a round-trip.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:21 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by philphys
Sounds like you're SOL. It quite specifically says on the description as well as on the T&C that you need a round-trip.
I just read it. Oh well, great offer though.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:16 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
funny, I was just at my uncle's house and saw his Jet Blue flyer with this promo. I was under the impression it was only valid for new True Blue members but I might just book a Florida flight to get these points for a future free flight.

--Russ
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
I signed up for a new AmEx card when they were offering their last promo--free one way flight and 50 points. I received the free flight certificate, so it sounds like if I book the free flight, and then book the flight home, I'll get $25 off and 50 more points?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by philphys
Not only is it specifically stated in the T&C, but the booking page that you have to use (www.jetblue.com/springdm/) doesn't even have one-way as an option.

On the plus side, a fare sale was just announced from JFK, including Buffalo, Burlington, Portland (ME), Rochester or Syracuse for $64 each. Plenty of same-day turns are available for $124 r/t after the $25 discount, meaning that the $250 free ticket is completely reasonable.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 7, 2008 at 7:38 am Reason: added comment re discount
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Good promo. If I register both my wife and I for the promo, can I book both our tickets through my account (as long as I enter her TrueBlue# for her account)? Or do I have to book the tickets separately so she gets promotional credit?

Another question -- is using a voucher for part of the fare still OK?

Last edited by pitflyer; Apr 7, 2008 at 12:12 pm
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
I'm a bit confused about the terms of the promotion. The T&C state that the cardmember gets the additional points, but it doesn't state that the traveler and the cardmember have to be the same person. But how would B6 know if the cardmember was signed up for the promotion, as it's linked to the TrueBlue number? And the only TrueBlue number that's on a reservation is the one of the traveler....

So I'm thinking that it's actually the traveler that gets the bonus points, as opposed to the Cardmember - they're just making the assumption in the T&C that they happen to be the same person.

I think they're going to run into trouble with that then - people complaining that the T&C state that the cardmember gets the points and then either the traveler gets them or noone gets them at all because the traveller wasn't signed up for the promotion....
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Good promo. If I register both my wife and I for the promo, can I book both our tickets through my account (as long as I enter her TrueBlue# for her account)? Or do I have to book the tickets separately so she gets promotional credit?

Another question -- is using a voucher for part of the fare still OK?
No idea re the voucher. For the promo, you should book each ticket as an individual reservation. If you are going to buy both tix on your AmEx you should only need to register yourself, as the credit goes to the cardholder, not the traveller.

Originally Posted by dinosims
I'm a bit confused about the terms of the promotion. The T&C state that the cardmember gets the additional points, but it doesn't state that the traveler and the cardmember have to be the same person. But how would B6 know if the cardmember was signed up for the promotion, as it's linked to the TrueBlue number? And the only TrueBlue number that's on a reservation is the one of the traveler....

So I'm thinking that it's actually the traveler that gets the bonus points, as opposed to the Cardmember - they're just making the assumption in the T&C that they happen to be the same person.

I think they're going to run into trouble with that then - people complaining that the T&C state that the cardmember gets the points and then either the traveler gets them or noone gets them at all because the traveller wasn't signed up for the promotion....

I don't forsee a problem at all. I would register myself, log in as myself and buy a ticket for someone else. You can only register if you already have a TB account so they know who you are when you buy the ticket and they should have no problems tracking that the ticket was used and then crediting you for buying it, regardless of who flies.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
sbm12, I find it surprising if JetBlue is actually rewarding the ticket buyer rather than the ticket flyer since I've seen very few promotions from any airline that do that. I think JetBlue was assuming ticket buyer==ticket flyer and did a very poorly worded promotion. Depending on how you interpret it, if I buy two RTs, one for my wife and myself, and we're both registered for the promotion, either I get 1 50 point bonus (for myself) 2 50 point bonuses (for both of us) or each of us get a 50 point bonus (for each).

Until they clarify (I'm going to email JetBlue to get their answer) I'd book each ticket individually under each person's separate CC so each person should get credit in the typical buyer==flyer scenario.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.