Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Since Jetblue likes to do what they do.........

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2008, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121138491732610943.html

After AMR, the Deluge
What to Expect as Airlines Cope With Soaring Fuel Costs

May 21, 2008 5:58 p.m.

Before you get too upset about airlines slapping a $15 fee to check just one piece of luggage one way, know this: Oil prices are just killing airlines.

American Airlines is adding a $15 fee for passengers' first checked bag.

AMR Corp.'s American Airlines today said it will begin charging $15 for the first bag checked beginning June 15. Elite-level members of its frequent-flier program, full-fare passengers and international travelers are exempt, but that leaves yet another shock at the check-in counter for summer travelers.

Click on the link to read the entire of the article
Old May 21, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
If this is the route that everyone is going, lets see a bit more creativity about it among the followers. Let me check one bag for free, if I forgo a carry-on altogether.
Old May 21, 2008, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the same article:
The notable exception are some of the big discount airlines, further creating a divide between how big network airlines are trying to cover fuel costs without raising ticket prices to the levels needed (and risking a huge drop in ticket-buying), and how some of the discounters are faring.
So - which one is jetBlue - big network or big discount?

Or, trying to somehow be both?
Old May 22, 2008, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by nerd
From the same article:So - which one is jetBlue - big network or big discount?
JetBlue is neither. Premium product on a thin, sparse network... with pricing at or above competitors.
Old May 22, 2008, 12:12 pm

Best description of B6 I've ever seen...

Originally Posted by BearX220
JetBlue is neither. Premium product on a thin, sparse network... with pricing at or above competitors.
...which is why it will never capture a large piece of the business market in its current configuration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.