Destination Rumors

Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Deltafan2006
Jetblue should focus in the caribbean route such as PLS, Punta Cana, Santo Domingo(from FLL), Curacao etc etc, as spirit airlines doing right now
Yeah, I am really think so. Jetblue should in focus city in the Caribbean route. It such as the PLS, SDQ and else. Does Jetblue will become more focus city in FLL? They currently already served to LGB, OAK, LGA, JFK, EWR, IAD & BOS. What about another announces more new routes possibly to BUR, PHX, LAS, MSY, SYR, BUF, ROC.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, I am really think so. Jetblue should in focus city in the Caribbean route. It such as the PLS, SDQ and else. Does Jetblue will become more focus city in FLL? They currently already served to LGB, OAK, LGA, JFK, EWR, IAD & BOS. What about another announces more new routes possibly to BUR, PHX, LAS, MSY, SYR, BUF, ROC.
From what I understand, jetBlue would love to expand FLL service, however they are very limited on gates there - They have 4 gates I think...C4, C6, B8, B9.....they are probably on a waiting list to receive additional gates should any airline pull back there. If so, I would expect FLL to be linked with possibly LAS, BUF, PIT and SJU.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Looks like Jet Blue has (or now maybe 'had') eyes on Dallas Love field:

Jet Blue and NW lobby against Dallas Love Deal
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Dallas Love Field is very limited by the Wright Act. Correct me if I'm wrong but the service from Love Field is limited to Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Lousiana, and Missouri. There is a huge battle in Washington on where or not to repeal the act or not. WN and AA are leading the ways on their own respective sides. AA loves their monoply at DFW and WN wants to blow things open at Love Field. Unless B6 can start flying to LGB, JFK, or Florida, it will remain untouch. Right now, the better option for Jetblue is DFW. There are gates availible and the flights from all the NYC airports on CO and AA are always full or near capacity.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Dallas Love Field is very limited by the Wright Act. Correct me if I'm wrong but the service from Love Field is limited to Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Lousiana, and Missouri. There is a huge battle in Washington on where or not to repeal the act or not. WN and AA are leading the ways on their own respective sides. AA loves their monoply at DFW and WN wants to blow things open at Love Field. Unless B6 can start flying to LGB, JFK, or Florida, it will remain untouch. Right now, the better option for Jetblue is DFW. There are gates availible and the flights from all the NYC airports on CO and AA are always full or near capacity.
That is why Jetblue and Northwest are fighting against the Wright Act. It is a smaller airport, with cheaper fees, which is what Jetblue looks for in a new city (See: Houston-Hobby). They should NOT go into DFW. That would get ugly, very quickly. There would be a drop in fares with a dump in capacity on the market by Continental and American. Plus, DFW is a mega-hub for American. The people down there would probably stay faithful to AA, kind of what happens when an LCC enters a hub againts NW. The people wait for the lower fares, stick with the legacies, and then complain when the fares go up and the LCC leaves. At least with DAL, they could form a niche market with competition from no one.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Not to get totally off topic, but I recall several years ago AA had a few nonstops a day from DAL-LGA, I believe on a F100, in addition to their hourly 757 and MD80 service to JFK. How has this since changed with those whole Wright Act? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or post some info on this! Why wouldn't jetBlue be able to fly DAL-JFK if AA used to fly DAL-LGA?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Not to get totally off topic, but I recall several years ago AA had a few nonstops a day from DAL-LGA, I believe on a F100, in addition to their hourly 757 and MD80 service to JFK. How has this since changed with those whole Wright Act? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or post some info on this! Why wouldn't jetBlue be able to fly DAL-JFK if AA used to fly DAL-LGA?
That couldn't have been possible. This act has been in place for decades. I am not sure how far back you are referencing when you say "several years."
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:46 pm

Actually, it is true. The Wright Amendment has a loophole for aircraft with less than 57 seats being exempt from the interstate restriction. Legend started up service from Love Field with reconfigured planes with 56 seats. They operated from 1996 to 2000. American quickly followed suit with their own all first class configured planes with you guessed it...56 seats. Of course, after Legend died, so did the American all first class configurations.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prhs1989
That couldn't have been possible. This act has been in place for decades. I am not sure how far back you are referencing when you say "several years."
It is possible...my cousin lived in Dallas for about 6t months (around Mar. 2001-Sept. 2001 (lost his job right after 9/11 so moved back to NY) and he would fly regularly on AA to LGA. He flew all of his flights out of DFW, but wanted to try DAL once so he flew DAL-LGA nonstop on AA's F100. So, this was about 4.5 years ago. Maybe someone at AA can verify...if not, I'll ask on the AA forum soon.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by prhs1989
The people down there would probably stay faithful to AA, .
Don't be so sure - AA is extremely unpleasant to fly. They literally think that they own DFW and everyone who flys through it. They treat all but their top elites like trash and gouge you on the fares all the way. I've had such bad experiences that I have a standing policy - neither I nor anyone who works for me is ever allowed to willingly fly AA.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Don't be so sure - AA is extremely unpleasant to fly. They literally think that they own DFW and everyone who flys through it. They treat all but their top elites like trash and gouge you on the fares all the way. I've had such bad experiences that I have a standing policy - neither I nor anyone who works for me is ever allowed to willingly fly AA.
I'm with you. I have not voluntarily flown AA since 1994 and have not stepped foot on an AA plane since 2000.

I've had the most outrageous experiences with any company of which I have been a customer (in any category, whether airline or otherwise) with AA.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
It is possible...my cousin lived in Dallas for about 6t months (around Mar. 2001-Sept. 2001 (lost his job right after 9/11 so moved back to NY) and he would fly regularly on AA to LGA. He flew all of his flights out of DFW, but wanted to try DAL once so he flew DAL-LGA nonstop on AA's F100. So, this was about 4.5 years ago. Maybe someone at AA can verify...if not, I'll ask on the AA forum soon.
Ah, I may have been proven wrong.

Originally Posted by evdog19
Actually, it is true. The Wright Amendment has a loophole for aircraft with less than 57 seats being exempt from the interstate restriction. Legend started up service from Love Field with reconfigured planes with 56 seats. They operated from 1996 to 2000. American quickly followed suit with their own all first class configured planes with you guessed it...56 seats. Of course, after Legend died, so did the American all first class configurations.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT
Originally Posted by evdog19
The American flights from DAL ended right after 9/11 and Legend went under before then (unfortunately). I've never flown JetBlue so I don't know how many seats their planes have but if they are 56 or less, JetBlue can fly from DAL without issue. American litigated Legend to death for the right to do this.

I would LOVE for JetBlue to come to Dallas. I'd use them instead of AA on all routes where JetBlue flew to the same place.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 6:35 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by AGuyAndADogInDFW
The American flights from DAL ended right after 9/11 and Legend went under before then (unfortunately). I've never flown JetBlue so I don't know how many seats their planes have but if they are 56 or less, JetBlue can fly from DAL without issue. American litigated Legend to death for the right to do this.

I would LOVE for JetBlue to come to Dallas. I'd use them instead of AA on all routes where JetBlue flew to the same place.
Jetblue uses only 2 types of a/c right now. A320 w/ 156 seat- single class- and E190 with 100 seat- single class.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, JetBlue
Once the old TWA terminal at JFK opens up, I think you will see alot more JetBlue Carribean, and Domestic destinations pop up. Who knows, with Dallas being such a big "drawl", why not have flights into BOTH airports? If it works for the LA area, why not in Dallas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.