Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destination Rumors

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, I was surprised enough about B6 wasn't announced more nonstop from JAX-BOS pax need connecting to west coast flight. Those are 4 new nonstop didn't announced to RDU, MSY, SAN & PDX. They need to get beef up for more than 100 daily flights in BOS. You should try to get best idea for good populations in BOS. You should try next time that if I hear get me more news from Jetblue.
We are waiting for the additional gates as well as more crewmembers to be based there. By late summer and early fall the BOS base should be up and running at full capacity. If I remember correctly, when all is said and done, we should have some 15 gates at BOS.
Old May 15, 2006, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by prhs1989
I had heard the RNO rumor, but they may have cooled down. Right now, I would expect no expansion west of the Mississippi or Texas. I like the idea of MSP. Jetblue could make some noise in any Northwest market, but, right now, it may not be a good idea to get into a rock bottom fare war.

I was surprised that BOS wasn't announced with JAX. If I had to guess, I would say that BOS would receive service from:

1)MSY
2)JAX
3)RDU
4)SAN
SMF agents told me BOS-SMF was in the works. I wish SMF-IAD would make a comeback...
Old May 15, 2006, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by wakeboarderjeff
SMF agents told me BOS-SMF was in the works. I wish SMF-IAD would make a comeback...
BOS-SMF would be cool, but I thought they were focusing on shorter-haul now and less transcon due to crazy fuel prices. If they do add BOS-SMF though, you can fly SMF-IAD and then connect to the E190 from BOS-IAD, which is only a 1-hour flight or so!
Old May 15, 2006, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by wakeboarderjeff
No they won't come back IAD-SMF. Become due to the loads is not good enough for SMF. That's why Jetblue has been discontinued IAD-SMF. It doesn't work well for last couple months ago.
Old May 15, 2006, 9:16 pm

No they won't come back IAD-SMF. Become due to the loads is not good enough for SMF. That's why Jetblue has been discontinued IAD-SMF. It doesn't work well for last couple months ago.
I can see BOS-SMF starting, i'll have to keep my eye on the pairings and see if it happens, but like you stated, the loads on IAD-SMF where horrible so I too don't see it coming back either.
Old May 16, 2006, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I can see BOS-SMF starting, i'll have to keep my eye on the pairings and see if it happens, but like you stated, the loads on IAD-SMF where horrible so I too don't see it coming back either.
You right about that IAD-SMF has been horrible on the loads for while ago. That's why Jetblue has been discontinuation.
Old May 19, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: Priority Club, Delta SkyMiles, JetBlue TrueBlue & Marriott Rewards
No reason RSW can't be a focus city like FLL is, many flights to Boston and JFK/EWR are packed. Some more direct flights out west and to the Caribbean from RSW would be great. An RSW-MKE flight would do well here as Midwest and AirTran are too expensive/inconvenient and USA3000 is too unknown compared to JetBlue....hint hint

Rumored flights to JFK-Cancun would be nice for those up in NYC.

Last edited by CapeFish; May 19, 2006 at 2:13 pm
Old May 20, 2006, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by CapeFish
No reason RSW can't be a focus city like FLL is, many flights to Boston and JFK/EWR are packed. Some more direct flights out west and to the Caribbean from RSW would be great. An RSW-MKE flight would do well here as Midwest and AirTran are too expensive/inconvenient and USA3000 is too unknown compared to JetBlue....hint hint

Rumored flights to JFK-Cancun would be nice for those up in NYC.
RSW is a growing market - but how many focus cities can one airline have!?

JetBlue applied for JFK-Cancun service back in November and it was a public announcement. I think that Spirit Airlines and damage from the hurricanes have something to do with them not receiving permission to fly that route yet.
Old May 20, 2006, 2:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
JetBlue applied for JFK-Cancun service back in November and it was a public announcement. I think that Spirit Airlines and damage from the hurricanes have something to do with them not receiving permission to fly that route yet.
American and Delta also applied for the JFK-CUN rights... As far as I know, the DOT has not yet announced a winner.
Old May 21, 2006, 9:53 am

No no response from the government about who won the rights to fly NYC-CUN. Hopefully they will announce the winner soon!
Old May 22, 2006, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No no response from the government about who won the rights to fly NYC-CUN. Hopefully they will announce the winner soon!
You mean Jetblue not response from the government about JFK-CUN while. What about does DOT will given award begin JFK-CUN anytime soon. We shall wait see what happened Jetblue is receiving approved from DOT.
Old May 23, 2006, 7:09 am

Programs: Priority Club, Delta SkyMiles, JetBlue TrueBlue & Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
RSW is a growing market - but how many focus cities can one airline have!?

Can we at least get nonstop service to Washington started with JetBlue? The 2 hour drive to Fort Lauderdale is a killer when you have a new, clean, and modern airport right here. Maybe JetBlue could do like American does with RSW-MIA and get a small plane flying to FLL from RSW to provide more flight options for Southwest Florida JetBlue travelers to DC/Dulles, NYC/LaGuardia, Long Beach, and Oakland? Of course some businessmen would use it like a shuttle simply because it would be easier and quicker than driving on Alligator Alley on most days. Couldn't an Embraer 190 on that route?

The JFK-Cancun route would be more expensive most likely since we are closer in Florida to Cancun, but to those up north....it should save money.

Last edited by CapeFish; May 23, 2006 at 7:15 am
Old May 23, 2006, 8:56 am

You mean Jetblue not response from the government about JFK-CUN while. What about does DOT will given award begin JFK-CUN anytime soon. We shall wait see what happened Jetblue is receiving approved from DOT.
I'm not sure what is taking so long with the announcement. The company seems pretty confident that we will win the rights. I'm under the impression that the government is waiting to see how well CUN rebounds after last years hurricane season. I would think they would want air service to start up quickly to help the economy, but I don't know how route authority works, I just serve our wonderful customers.
Old May 24, 2006, 7:52 pm

Next city should be announced tomorrow the 25th and from what I heard it will be STL with the 190s.
Old May 24, 2006, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next city should be announced tomorrow the 25th and from what I heard it will be STL with the 190s.
Are you possible sure about B6 will be announced to STL or possibly different city will begin from either JFK or BOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.