Destination Rumors

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by adambisi
BOS-SAN may be coming as well from what i have read on airliners.net

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3009003/
Well, when is that? When B6 will have more routes from BOS-SAN. I don't think it is possible to get enough range. I'm curious what else they can do something for more Airbus A319 is much better for more saving the fuel than A320.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:22 pm

STL Focus City

If STL does become a Midwest focus city... which I presume will begin as STL-JFK/BOS/FLL (maybe LGB/OAK) and grow from there... I think we may soon see some E90 service to cities like MCO, MKE, GRR, MEM, COS, DAL).

DAL could be especially lucrative since WN and AA are competing vigerously now on this route... could but AA to shame!
Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I hear plans are still on for STL to be announced on All Saints Day.

ORD should be announced any minute - don't know what is happening there.

HOT RUMOR FROM A GREAT SOURCE:
jetBlue will announce a codeshare with Virgin Atlantic within a few months!!!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
No way

Why would Jetblue code share with Virgin Atlantic?

Virgin America is starting up.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Brigri
Why would Jetblue code share with Virgin Atlantic?

Virgin America is starting up.
I was waiting for that question to come.

Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic have very, very little to do with eachother. All Virgin America has to do with Virgin and Branson is the brand - licensing...just like what Trump does with his name.

There was talk earlier this year of a possible international codeshare. Virgin makes a lot of sense.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
NW is overpriced and offers sub-standard service. I mean, paying for an aisle seat??? Come on, get real! People will flock to jetBlue when they start service at MSP. In addition, NW is in no financial position to heavily compete...especially when B6 will most likely fly MSP-JFK and maybe BOS. NW is interested in only MSP-LGA it seems. jetBlue's A320's or E190's will be a real treat there with all those old DC9's.
NW is in really rough shape right now. They've had to cancel hundreds of flights the past few days because they are short of DC-9 crew with hours left for the month.

In the past NW has been very agressive (and anti-competitive) in nature when a new carrier tries to come into MSP. They chased QQ out and gave F9 a run for their money. Now that the're strapped for cash, I'm not sure they're in such a position. NWA management is driving the company into the ground.

MSP would be a good market and B6 would be welcomed by the locals who are sick of the grasp NW has on the market and pricing. Even with NW in financial crisis, given NW's history of driving new-comers out, it would be best to tread lightly into the market. B6 should keep a close eye on it, IMHO.

One addition I'd love to see is SDF, but with WN here it would be difficult -- but its possible B6 could find some niche routes. WN has been great to lower fares, but AA, DL, and NW are still able to fly mainline equipment in (DC-9/MD-88/737-800s) with the mix of RJs.

Non-stop JFK service would be welcome -- but B6 would be competing against ExpressJet (CO) to EWR and US Airways Express to LGA.

One market worth looking at could be LEX. There is no low cost carrier, Lexington is a growing city and home to University of Kentucky (lots of students) -- both CVG and SDF are within a 90 minute drive.

Would be nice to see them in this neck of the woods, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

SDF_Traveler
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
NW is in really rough shape right now. They've had to cancel hundreds of flights the past few days because they are short of DC-9 crew with hours left for the month.

In the past NW has been very agressive (and anti-competitive) in nature when a new carrier tries to come into MSP. They chased QQ out and gave F9 a run for their money. Now that the're strapped for cash, I'm not sure they're in such a position. NWA management is driving the company into the ground.

MSP would be a good market and B6 would be welcomed by the locals who are sick of the grasp NW has on the market and pricing. Even with NW in financial crisis, given NW's history of driving new-comers out, it would be best to tread lightly into the market. B6 should keep a close eye on it, IMHO.

One addition I'd love to see is SDF, but with WN here it would be difficult -- but its possible B6 could find some niche routes. WN has been great to lower fares, but AA, DL, and NW are still able to fly mainline equipment in (DC-9/MD-88/737-800s) with the mix of RJs.

Non-stop JFK service would be welcome -- but B6 would be competing against ExpressJet (CO) to EWR and US Airways Express to LGA.

One market worth looking at could be LEX. There is no low cost carrier, Lexington is a growing city and home to University of Kentucky (lots of students) -- both CVG and SDF are within a 90 minute drive.

Would be nice to see them in this neck of the woods, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

SDF_Traveler
I would have to agree. B6 would be much nicer than NW going up to MSP. I've done the NYC (Mostly out of EWR, but LGA and JFK have been in my mix before) up to MSP countless times. And I know my family in Minneapolis can't wait for them to come into town. They've mentioned it to myself several times.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
Originally Posted by Seat13c
I would have to agree. B6 would be much nicer than NW going up to MSP. I've done the NYC (Mostly out of EWR, but LGA and JFK have been in my mix before) up to MSP countless times. And I know my family in Minneapolis can't wait for them to come into town. They've mentioned it to myself several times.
Well, though lacking in significant frequency, lets not forget that SY is actually the airline that currently competes with NW on MSP-JFK.

B6 , if it flew to MSP would likely be in the Humphrey terminal, and so SY would be the direct match-up.

If SY ever started operating as a true hub and spoke carrier, it has significant overlap with B6 in its route system......maybe they should just merge now :-)
Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AA Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton DIA, Avis First
Originally Posted by defiance96

B6 , if it flew to MSP would likely be in the Humphrey terminal, and so SY would be the direct match-up.

If SY ever started operating as a true hub and spoke carrier, it has significant overlap with B6 in its route system......maybe they should just merge now :-)

Well I would love to see B6 come into MSP. I have had the opportunity to fly YX twice in the last month from Humphrey, and that is a great terminal for the locals.

My guess is that SY will not have a hub and spoke system since they are doing more flying for Transglobal this winter, and RD will have limited service into MSP this winter. Also, SY and B6 have different aircraft, and IMHO, this would not be a good fit
Old Oct 3, 2006, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Out here in MSY, we'd love to see B6 expand service out to the west coast. Right now its just UA and DL flying out to LAX- heading anywhere else west of nola you have to connect through texas. Jetblue is really gaining loyalty on the MSY-JFK flights, even competing with AA and DL.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:13 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
I did some searches and found a filing with the DOT from last week where JetBlue requested 8 landing slots at ORD. There are no specifics on where the flights will operate to or from and it says the schedules aren't final, but this pretty much confirms the rumor that they're planning service there.

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf98/415940_web.pdf

I'm surprised there hasn't been a press release. I remember that a release went out right away when they filed a similar request for slots at LGA.

Bill
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subwaybill
I did some searches and found a filing with the DOT from last week where JetBlue requested 8 landing slots at ORD. There are no specifics on where the flights will operate to or from and it says the schedules aren't final, but this pretty much confirms the rumor that they're planning service there.

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf98/415940_web.pdf

I'm surprised there hasn't been a press release. I remember that a release went out right away when they filed a similar request for slots at LGA.

Bill
Bill, great find!! Hope jetBlue receives the slot authorization for ORD.

On a sidenote, I've talked to Mr. Land once a few years ago - he is pretty cool.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3027538/

No winglets for the Airbi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.