Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Employment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
If you study the basics, you're fine. This is a common sense job environment, if you have that, you'll be fine.

I love working here, it's easy and we're well paid in my department.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:08 pm

specifics of "If you study the basics"?

What ARE the basics that one should study??? I am a newbee here and will start my first day of training in orlando tomorrow for G.O. I haven't studied anything and I'm not sure what I could study?
Also, I hear that on the first day you submit your list of s/o or husband / wife, kids and parents names for flight benefits. Does that mean that these benefits will be available immediately?
Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Originally Posted by JAX2BOS
If you study the basics, you're fine. This is a common sense job environment, if you have that, you'll be fine.

I love working here, it's easy and we're well paid in my department.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: Starwood, HHonors
Originally Posted by rgr8apples
What ARE the basics that one should study??? I am a newbee here and will start my first day of training in orlando tomorrow for G.O. I haven't studied anything and I'm not sure what I could study?
Also, I hear that on the first day you submit your list of s/o or husband / wife, kids and parents names for flight benefits. Does that mean that these benefits will be available immediately?
Thanks for any info that can be provided.
Yes. Technically you can use the benefits on the first day, they will give you a card that you need to fill out (I believe you need a copy of your/kids birth cert. to add parents and children) and can fax or email this card to crewtravel. Normally it takes them a few working days to make changes.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:42 pm

after 3 days....

Originally Posted by rightseat
Yes. Technically you can use the benefits on the first day, they will give you a card that you need to fill out (I believe you need a copy of your/kids birth cert. to add parents and children) and can fax or email this card to crewtravel. Normally it takes them a few working days to make changes.
Well for the record, the first 2 days are for orientation and while they say you are a crew member from that point on we didn't get our badges until the 3rd day which is when the actual departmental training started.
I made all kinds of plans to go to Cancun for the weekend and then wisely (I believe) changed my mind for that just in case situation where I couldn't make it back in time.
As for the Wife, S/O, kids, and parents, as soon as you send in proper documentation (marriage certificate for wife, your own birth certificate for parents... and I don't have kids so I'm not sure what for them) they say it takes up to a week before they are added.
So far everyone seems to be very happy here. I see smiles on everyone's faces and not just when they are obviously being looked at. That says something I think. I'm excited to be on board with this company.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:13 pm

Does the flight benefits include your mother-in-law, or just your parents? Could my family fly to Orlando for the weekend that I'm in orientation?
Old May 19, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
Does the flight benefits include your mother-in-law, or just your parents? Could my family fly to Orlando for the weekend that I'm in orientation?
Not sure about the latter Q, but the flight benefits does not include your mother-in-law (unless, of course your spouse also works at JetBlue). The perk is extended to your children if you have any (I believe if they're under 18), both parents, and spouse. You will also get 8 (two quarterly) buddy passes per year, which you can give to your mother-in-law or whomever you chose. These are also space available, and there is a service fee to redeem them. I believe it's about $45 each way on a transcon and about $30 each way on a run like NY-FL. Not sure what it costs on a short hall, but probably a little less.
Old May 19, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Yes your family could fly down to MCO for the weekend as long as the travel department has all the necessary documents and gets their names into the system. Many of my classmates had parents fly down for their graduation from JetBlue.
Old May 19, 2010, 3:38 pm

That would be great, if I could have my family at my graduation from JetBlue!!! Thanks for all the help!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:24 pm

I just recently got scheduled for my first face to face interview in BOS for Airport Ops. I am extremely excited, but I have a few questions. First, what is the starting pay? Also, regarding the training in MCO, can my fiancee come and stay with me while I'm in training? I want to go to Disney with her on the weekends. Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by spooky02
I just recently got scheduled for my first face to face interview in BOS for Airport Ops. I am extremely excited, but I have a few questions. First, what is the starting pay? Also, regarding the training in MCO, can my fiancee come and stay with me while I'm in training? I want to go to Disney with her on the weekends. Thanks for the help!
Congrats! Pay's not great... not sure what exactly what it is in BOS though. And you will have a few days off in the middle of your training and your fiance could come down. She'd have to pay for a ticket though.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:02 am

what is the starting pay for customer service res. agents? And are they only in Utah?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:52 am

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with I have made it to the last step with JetBlue the Fingerprints and I made it with 2 others the whole way they already got theirs back but mine are pending what would be the reason for this why are mine taking longer and what can I expect from this?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
While in training you will be staying at one of several hotels that we contract out to. The company will pick up the tab for the room while you are in training.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:10 am

quick question . . .

. . . with apologies if it's too off-topic:

hubby is going to apply for the inflight crew positions just posted. Job descrip notes that crew must 'be able to relocate to within one-hour driving time of assigned domicile'.

Other than the major hubs, where might he end up being assigned to? We know he'd need to relocate regardless, but was wondering how far it might end up being. If it's too long a list, just let me know. Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nodumblond
. . . with apologies if it's too off-topic:

hubby is going to apply for the inflight crew positions just posted. Job descrip notes that crew must 'be able to relocate to within one-hour driving time of assigned domicile'.

Other than the major hubs, where might he end up being assigned to? We know he'd need to relocate regardless, but was wondering how far it might end up being. If it's too long a list, just let me know. Thanks, in advance, for your help!
JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO, LGB. Think that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.