Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Employment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:28 am

my 2 cents

Hello all,

Im new here. Just to throw in my 2 cents. I love this industry and worked most of my life as a ramp agent with Comair before I was laid off last year in September. I had an offshore job but the time away from my family was too hard on them even though the money was good. I now am trying to get back in the airline biz. I live in Orlando and just applied yesterday (2/11) when I saw that JB was hiring for PT ground ops. I am hoping I get the job and hope the process don't take too long.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
MCO and BOS are the 2 main cities that are forecasted to double in size in the next 2 years. I suspect you will be seeing quite a few new positions at both of these cities.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Sorry to interrupt...

Does anyone know if JetBlue is going to have the CollegeCrew program again this year? I don't see it on the website, but I'm interested in applying if it's going to be happening. Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
MCO and BOS are the 2 main cities that are forecasted to double in size in the next 2 years. I suspect you will be seeing quite a few new positions at both of these cities.
B6 should watch out. Rumor has it that SW might be moving into Beantown.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by amejr999
Sorry to interrupt...

Does anyone know if JetBlue is going to have the CollegeCrew program again this year? I don't see it on the website, but I'm interested in applying if it's going to be happening. Thanks!
It was posted today. Job code is NC50879991-E.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 4:44 pm

SW? So what if Air Namibia flys to BOS. Why would B6 care? Or do you mean Southwest (WN)?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 8:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
I recently lost my (non-airline) job, and the first thing I did (literally, 9 AM the next morning) was check out JB careers and put together a cover letter for a position in yield management. Full day of interviews tomorrow!!! I am so psyched.

Good luck to all my fellow applicants, though perhaps not if you're applying for the same job
Old Feb 18, 2009, 8:38 pm

The rumor about WN has been around for a while. The only gates that are/will become available in BOS are the E gates after NW leaves for A, as well as FL's old D gates. Either way that is 4 gates in E or 4 gates in D, or 8 gates as they can/do share an interconnecting walkway.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by neo16287
My fingerprinting was in April, and my class began the last week of May, but that was a while ago. The class had about 20 people (half GO, half Provo).
Was the background check for 5 or 10 years?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:27 pm

Background checks are 10 years
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
It was posted today. Job code is NC50879991-E.
Thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: JetBlue Trueblue, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Continental One Pass, Holiday Inn Priority Club, Marriott
Great thread folks. Question, how hard is it to get into the sales/marketing side of B6? Also do they have positions like that at IAD? I filled out the careers page on the website and attached my resume and get job updates every so often but mostly for Ground ops, which is something my body cant handle anymore. I have a sales background and am interested in getting into the B6 Sales/Marketing side of things. Any ideas or pointers would be great even if it is possible that they have something like that at IAD being it is not a Hub for B6.
Thanks again
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:38 am

jetblue orientation

does anyone know what the jetblue orientation is about and the 3 week training is about, what should i know to help me pass there tests
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by blueroyal
does anyone know what the jetblue orientation is about and the 3 week training is about, what should i know to help me pass there tests
orientation is 2 full days sitting and listening to people talk about the history of the company, policies, and getting fitted for your uniforms. at least you get paid..but its pretty boring.

training is a bunch of tests and tutorials done via computer/online. It will be based on customer service as well as the reservations system. There will be an instructor that will teach you obviously. I don't remember exactly but you must get at least a 70 or 80% on every test. Most people pass, but there were 3 people in my class that got sent home.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:20 pm

thanks so much for the info about orientation..............is there anythings else i need to know information wise..........am scared to fail my tests, is it hard ...............how long have you worked there ........is it a great place to work..........how is the staff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.