Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS to Curacao - layover JFK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Question BOS to Curacao - layover JFK

Hi - I have flown JetBlue a number of times before but never out of the country and never through JFK. I am not familiar with the set up for JetBlue at JFK.

As we are flying out of the country, will we be changing terminals for that? If so - how much time do we need to allow? Is it a difficult place to figure out?

On our way back in to the country we have a 2 hour layover. Is that enough for Immigration etc.?

Thanks for any help or suggestions to make this go smoothly!
Sue
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sueoz
Hi - I have flown JetBlue a number of times before but never out of the country and never through JFK. I am not familiar with the set up for JetBlue at JFK.

As we are flying out of the country, will we be changing terminals for that? If so - how much time do we need to allow? Is it a difficult place to figure out?

On our way back in to the country we have a 2 hour layover. Is that enough for Immigration etc.?

Thanks for any help or suggestions to make this go smoothly!
Sue
All one terminal.

If two hours is not enough time for the connection at JFK on the return, JetBlue will just have to put you on the next available flight to BOS -- assuming that the CUR-JFK and JFK-BOS flights are both on the same ticket.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Not only Immigration, but Customs will be at JFK as well. Presuming one ticket, your bags will be tagged to BOS, but you will collect them at JFK, carry them through Customs and then drop them (but not have to stand in line to recheck) after Customs.

If this is bookable, it is within MCT.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As we are flying out of the country, will we be changing terminals for that?
Nope.

Is it a difficult place to figure out?
Nope. Only ~28 gates and they're sequentially numbered. Longest walk is ~8 minutes.

For US/Canada citizens or returning ETSA visitors, absolutely. With the kiosks in place the lines move pretty quick.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you all very much. We recently got Global Entry also. Assume that will help.
Sue
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thank you all very much. We recently got Global Entry also. Assume that will help.
Sue
It will, though with the typical wait to get checked bags off the plane you'll just have more time to hang out waiting for the bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.