Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO -> LAS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

SFO -> LAS

Anyone know why there's no more flights from SFO to LAS after October 28th?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pchong8
Anyone know why there's no more flights from SFO to LAS after October 28th?
Company cutting low-performing routes, most likely.

That's always been a head-scratcher to me. So much competition in the market and no one in those cities is going to be loyal to B6 more than UA, WN or AS/VX.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Company cutting low-performing routes, most likely.

That's always been a head-scratcher to me. So much competition in the market and no one in those cities is going to be loyal to B6 more than UA, WN or AS/VX.
That's what I was assuming as well but the times they flew to Vegas were odd.. can't see much demand for an early morning flight to Vegas. Surprised they completely killed it off though.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The odd time is probably for aircraft utilization purposes. The route getting cut is probably because they're not getting sufficient loads on the A320.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:36 am

it was retaliation for VX entering JFK-FLL. Since VX has exited that route, B6 dropped it.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by tphuang
it was retaliation for VX entering JFK-FLL. Since VX has exited that route, B6 dropped it.
Another obscure VX route that the last time I checked was just 1 early flight a day out of JFK
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
This route was for aircraft utilization but as more flights convert to Mint A321s at SFO, the only thing left with A320s is to Long Beach--thus no need for any add on legs through LAS. LAS will also be getting more Mint flights for transcons so LAS will only see LGB A320s and a FLL flight which just cycles between FLL and LAS. With the addition of more flights from LGB to LAS, any low yielding traffic that really wants to go to LAS on B6 can get there through LGB. B6 then frees up slots for additional Mint BOS service from SFO.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
That LAS-LGB route is also good if you're looking for a lower fare to JFK or BOS and don't want a redeye. I'm booked on LAS-LGB-JFK next week because the nonstop is over $700 one way. This was only $220. Of course I'll try to do a same day change to the nonstop but loads are already very high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.