Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Will I receive Mosaic benefits booking award travel with parent's non Mosaic points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I receive Mosaic benefits booking award travel with parent's non Mosaic points?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver

Have a few questions. Looking to book award travel to Bermuda for quick anniversary weekend in October. My wife and I just became Mosaic members and want flexibility to cancel if needed in case of hurricane or one of our kids get sick and we are unable to go.

I want to use award points and we have enough for one roundtrip and one outbound BOS-BERMUDA flight but not enough for inbound flight BDA-BOS for one person. Prefer award points because if we cancel, we get points back into account rather than one year travel voucher on Jetblue if we pay out of pocket for that one inbound flight.

If I use my Father's Jetblue account to redeem award points for second inbound ticket, would I get Mosaic benefits of free cancellation and redeposit miles into Father's account or does points have to be from my account.

The other option is start a family pool between my father and my wife, but then we are locked in for a year before we can change to my account if needed.

Hope this all makes sense and someone can add their advice.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
[QUOTE=cdoobiest;28711131]

Looking to book award travel to Bermuda.

My wife and I just became Mosaic members

want flexibility to cancel.

I want to use award points - Prefer award points because if we cancel, we get points back into account rather than one year travel voucher on Jetblue if we pay out of pocket for that one inbound flight.

If I use my Father's Jetblue account to redeem award points for second inbound ticket, would I get Mosaic benefits of free cancellation and redeposit miles into Father's account or does points have to be from my account.

Tough call IMO.

I would guess to get all normal expected bennies it would have to be from your accont.

Or Father is Mosaic too.

You would get free cancel and whatnot as a M6, but redeposit, ? ? ? , unlikely.
Your account only. The traveler. Although an interesting question.
If Dad is Mosaic too. B6 may work with you, and make it happen.

You are Mosaic. Your Mosaicness is tied to your TB #.

What is dad's B6 staus?

Good question about using someone elses account and then wanting a point refund/redeposit.
Into whose account? Obviously back into original TB account pulled from. (Fathers)
Will they redeposit?
Maybe , ? ?

Why not. Oh. Because dad isn't Mosaic. Nor flying on PNR issued.
It may be physically impossible for computer to perform task you ask fwiw..

I would say no.

You are asking alot IMO.

If all this activity was within your account I would say, yes, yes, and yes.

But, it is not.

JMT

Last edited by DrewBr; Aug 20, 2017 at 3:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.