Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:50 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by amonisis
I emailed jet blue and asked them about this, as i had a mint reservation that i wanted to make sure would put me over the edge, the answer i got from them:

In reviewing your account, we can confirm you registered for the Mosaic Challenge on 7/19/17. You have 90 days from the registration date (7/19/17 being day #1 ) to earn 3,750 base points to complete the challenge.

Base points are the 3 points per dollar earned on your fare (before taxes).

Since registration, your history shows the following completed flights, for a total of 972 base points.

* 8/9/17, Boston to Buffalo = 462 base points
* 8/12/17, Buffalo to Boston = 510 base points

You would need to earn an additional 2,778 base points prior to the end of the 90-day promotional period.

Your upcoming Mint reservation Xxxxx would earn approximately 3,114 base points ($1038 x3) if completed. Earning these points would meet your 3,750 requirement.

There isn't a way to track the progress of the challenge, besides adding up the base points in your history.

We appreciate you being a valued TrueBlue member since 2014 and we hope you have a wonderful trip to Los Angeles!

Kind regards,

Amy
JetBlue | TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
Crewmember
Thanks, this is very helpful. I guess I'll just email them once I've got enough travel booked that I think will put me over the top. Then at least I'll have some time if I need to book something else if I'm short.

Last edited by l etoile; Sep 1, 2017 at 9:21 am Reason: Removed identifying info
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by amonisis
I emailed jet blue and asked them about this, as i had a mint reservation that i wanted to make sure would put me over the edge, the answer i got from them:

In reviewing your account, we can confirm you registered for the Mosaic Challenge on 7/19/17. You have 90 days from the registration date (7/19/17 being day #1 ) to earn 3,750 base points to complete the challenge.

Base points are the 3 points per dollar earned on your fare (before taxes).

Since registration, your history shows the following completed flights, for a total of 972 base points.

* 8/9/17, Boston to Buffalo = 462 base points
* 8/12/17, Buffalo to Boston = 510 base points

You would need to earn an additional 2,778 base points prior to the end of the 90-day promotional period.

Your upcoming Mint reservation Xxxxx would earn approximately 3,114 base points ($1038 x3) if completed. Earning these points would meet your 3,750 requirement.

There isn't a way to track the progress of the challenge, besides adding up the base points in your history.

We appreciate you being a valued TrueBlue member since 2014 and we hope you have a wonderful trip to Los Angeles!

Kind regards,

Amy
JetBlue | TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
Crewmember
After a three year hiatus from B6, I took them on the challenge given frequent travel to RIC from BOS and a decent schedule between the two. I have to say, Mosaic recognition has certainly improved. On the six flights I've taken with B6 on 4/6 both of the FAs came up during boarding and recognized the status. On 2/6, the FA working that part of the plane did recognize status. Now, with a free adult beverage and the comp upgrades to EMS I've received, Mosaic is certainly more attractive than it was in the past ^ I've even booked a Mint turnaround based upon the improved the Mosaic experience, hoping that Mint is also better than when it was first introduced. I write this because I'm impressed that you received such a detailed response in writing.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I have to say, Mosaic recognition has certainly improved. On the six flights I've taken with B6 on 4/6 both of the FAs came up during boarding and recognized the status... Mosaic is certainly more attractive than it was in the past.
That is interesting testimony because I accepted temporary Mosaic status in late 2015, with a challenge to re-up for 2016, and found it was of such little value, I gave up. Never had any FA recognition; none produced my alleged free drink onboard. The only apparent benefits were early boarding and the chance to buy up to EML with TB points. Maybe things have changed. At the time I thought Mosaic was a real emperor-has-no-clothes kind of empty concept.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:44 am

I would add that in 2015, when I was commuting to DC from BOS, that the status was largely worthless for me except for the fact that I could buy the cheapest tickets from BOS to DC for the day and then get a confirmed seat on my desired flight given the 24 hour window (there were always seats). So, from that perspective, I saved several thousand dollars which is nothing to sneer at. But, from a service perspective, the early boarding and the buy EMS with points was a complete joke.

Now, GAs offer EMS seats without a co-pay; FAs greet me; and the complimentary adult beverage is offered. Based on my limited sample of flights in August, I think Mosaic has gotten much better. But I would be curious to hear from others who may have taken a hiatus from B6 and are flying with them again, like I am, by virtue of the challenge.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I was recognized as Mosaic twice during this year's status match, though I have a limited sample size of 3 this time around. One FA was extremely effusive in thanking me. One FA was very rude to all pax, including myself.

I also saved a few hundred bucks by doing the Mosaic same-day change, since one flight was way cheaper than another.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My one alcoholic drink was not offered specifically to me as an elite the way Alaska Airlines does to Golds in coach. I selected the sparkling wine when the FA came around for beverage orders, with no Mosaic acknowledgement, but no request for payment either. The wine itself was horrible!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Any qualify for the challenge yet? Are you suppose to get the 15K bonus when you do?

Thanks in advanced
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
... duplicate

Last edited by blueman2; Sep 8, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs

I also saved a few hundred bucks by doing the Mosaic same-day change, since one flight was way cheaper than another.
But I thought you had to pay the change in fare? For example, if I bought a $599 mint seat, can I SDC to a then $1099 seat if within 24 hours of my original flight? If so, then that is HUGE benefit. I just thought I would have to pay $500 fare difference. No?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:24 pm

I did this all the time. I would buy the $69 BOS->DCA ticket, and then with 24 hours of departure, call the Mosaic line and switch me to the flight I wanted. As long as there was a seat on the plane, you can claim it.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I did this all the time. I would buy the $69 BOS->DCA ticket, and then with 24 hours of departure, call the Mosaic line and switch me to the flight I wanted. As long as there was a seat on the plane, you can claim it.
Very cool! I tend to fly Mint, so main downside for me will be no 'throne' single seat will be left by then. But still a really great benefit.

So do both flights have to be in the same day, or just within 24 hours of each other. In other words, can I change to a flight the following day but still within 24 hours of current time and current flight?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My one alcoholic drink was not offered specifically to me as an elite the way Alaska Airlines does to Golds in coach. I selected the sparkling wine when the FA came around for beverage orders, with no Mosaic acknowledgement, but no request for payment either.
Honestly, I prefer it this way.

The crew knows about the benefit and so do I. I get my free drink and often a thank you for being Mosaic but the two are not publicly intertwined. I don't need a public love fest that's more about marketing to those around me that they could also eventually get free drinks. Just deliver on my benefit and lets move on.

I've actually had a few FAs appear disappointed when I didn't take a drink as they wanted to make sure I was getting the value.

Also had one flight where me and my wife booked the D/F seat pair. I moved to E when we boarded since it was otherwise assigned. The FA got very confused why a woman was sitting where I was supposed to be (and it was the E pax, not my wife, so the FA calling her "Mrs. sbm12" was particularly amusing to everyone). But the free drinks were assigned to the correct tab, without any fuss.
ralphs likes this.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 9, 2017 at 12:25 am
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by blueman2
Very cool! I tend to fly Mint, so main downside for me will be no 'throne' single seat will be left by then. But still a really great benefit.

So do both flights have to be in the same day, or just within 24 hours of each other. In other words, can I change to a flight the following day but still within 24 hours of current time and current flight?
Must be same day. I tried to do the 24 hour change but no dice.

The website showed 1 revenue ticket remaining when I SDC'ed into that flight. Good benefit.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
2018 Mosaic kit arrived today, although I haven't completed my challenge yet; must be out of the 2017 ones. Card, however, is for 2017.

Nimble digits needed for screwing the tag clasp shut!
Will I get the Mosaic kit too? I got the status match accepted. But I'm based in Asia. I wonder if they will send it all to way to my home address?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Will I get the Mosaic kit too? I got the status match accepted. But I'm based in Asia. I wonder if they will send it all to way to my home address?
I was accepted on Aug 7, but did not get my package until yesterday, Sept 8. And I am in US. So if you get a package, it might yet be another few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.