Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:58 pm

I guess it's different for others, but to me I'm not biting.

Checked bags? I don't ever do that, can't lounge around with bags.

Other priority stuff and freebies are easily replicated on legacy carriers with low-level elite status (which I have). I suppose "refundable" award bookings might make sense, and that's the only thing that entices me. But I have tons of SW points and they are truly refundable bookings, and SW goes to more places that JetBlue.

I agree B6 hard product is good, but then you don't need to be Mosaic to enjoy that.

I'll do the match, but I don't have any B6 flights planned or even for the forseeable future. Decided to do my flying in Delta status challenge.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
If you don't see value in Mosaic, then why bother doing the match? You stated reasonable reasons why someone might pick another airlines consistently.

I would be interested in learning how Southwest Wanna Get Away fares are more refundable than Jetblue Blue fares. If this is not a fair comparison (I believe these are the lowest fares on each carrier), please share what might be a better comparison.

edit: I have observed much fewer elites flying B6 than elites flying AA out of LAX/LGB.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
... to me I'm not biting.
...I'll do the match
You contradict yourself.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ralphs
I would be interested in learning how Southwest Wanna Get Away fares are more refundable than Jetblue Blue fares.
WGA fares can be changed without a fee for any traveler. On JetBlue only Mosaic gets that. In both cases the ticket value is in a travel bank fund, not truly refundable.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by sbm12
WGA fares can be changed without a fee for any traveler. On JetBlue only Mosaic gets that. In both cases the ticket value is in a travel bank fund, not truly refundable.
One big difference is that WGA fares on Southwest are tied to the name of the original ticketed passenger. In the last year on JetBlue I've been able to use travel bank credit from a flight I cancelled for other people. To me this is a huge benefit.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, I understand that much. But the other poster claimed:

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
But I have tons of SW points and they are truly refundable bookings, and SW goes to more places that JetBlue.
Maybe he was talking about award travel? I don't think that's a fair comparison given that B6 has refundable points bookings for Mosaic members as well. Oh well.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know if revenue flights booked via sources like Amex MR or Citi TYP count towards the challenge/status?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Virgin America
Another data point - Requested on Friday, confirmed this morning.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone know if revenue flights booked via sources like Amex MR or Citi TYP count towards the challenge/status?
They should - you just don't get the JetBlue online booking bonus for them.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BOSstorageguy
In the last year on JetBlue I've been able to use travel bank credit from a flight I cancelled for other people.
I don't think this is an official benefit, but I may be mistaken.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by cbra2
Good to know. I've emailed SW to have a companion pass sent to me- threw it out awhile ago thinking I'd never need it!

I called and they say they don't provide a card anymore. I've had Companion Pass for years and remember having had a card, but never needed it at the airport. Southwest site only comes up with my first name and RR number on a page saying Congrats you've earned the Companion Pass and who my Companion is. Jet Blue doesn't think that is enough.

Last edited by Frenchie Flyer; Jul 20, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
I called and they say they don't provide a card anymore. I've had Companion Pass for years and remember having had a card, but never needed it at the airport. Southwest site only comes up with my first name and RR number on a page saying Congrats you've earned the Companion Pass and who my Companion is. Jet Blue doesn't think that is enough.
Just got my mosaic denial email after sending CP screenshot as well. I didn't get anything like a card from SWA for CP, does anyone know what else I can send? I have a flight soon too and feel like I'll be missing out on the match by then from looking at all these denials.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
So what I did to get Jet Blue a doc that had my status and full name was to get a PDF of the My Account page and set that doc to legal size. That was the only way that the two pieces of info they need are on the same page (full name and CP status). I also sent a Tweet to SW and mentioned that it says on their own website that they do have a CP membership card and they say they are sending me one.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: All the programs!
WN doesn't send out a card for CP anymore? Didn't know that.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
FrenchieFlyer, Travelern00b, and anyone else having trouble getting their SWA companion pass status matched:

I too was told my request was denied when submitting directly from my SWA profile page, since a card was not provided when I requalified for a companion pass in 2016. I had submitted a screenshot on July 14 and when I hadn't received anything back by the 19th, I called JetBlue, as I had a flight with them that night. On the SWA account profile screen, it only shows a customer's first name at the top where it also shows that you have earned a companion pass, the name of your assigned travel companion, and the good through date on the pass. As you scroll through to the bottom of the page past your upcoming trips into the section labeled "personal," however, your first and last name and contact information are shown. Since I couldn't get all of these required parts to fit in one screenshot and the submission link only allows for one link, I physically printed out a copy of both pages from my SWA account profile, scanned them as a two page pdf, then uploaded that file.

Interestingly, even after doing this, the agent told me that my request was still denied because it didn't show all of the required parts. I asked the agent to please make sure they scrolled through and looked at the entire pdf, as it was 2 pages. 30 seconds later I received an apology from the agent for not having done that previously, and my status match and challenge email came right through. Four hours later I was on my JetBlue flight as a Mosaic. SUPER HAPPY customer here

Stick with it and let us know how it turns out for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.