Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by cruisr
If you were previously matched are you allowed to try again, with a different airline program match? I'm thinking probably not.
My wife was matched last year from VX Silver, and was just approved for a match again from VX Silver for this year.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:44 pm

Is it possible to submit for the status match now, but have the challenge start in Sep 2017? And the 90-day challenge period is when you need to fly, and not the time when you need to purchase the tickets, correct?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
1) No. 2) Yes
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
AA EXP, applied on Friday and just received the email confirmation granting me Mosaic.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:03 pm

Is anyone going for the Mosaic Challenge? I'm trying to justify if Mosaic is worth it. My understanding is that we get no free upgrades to Mint. You get "free" cancellation and changes, but it's not really free because you get travel credit and not your money back, make it basically the same as Southwest airlines... LOL. So the only benefit besides higher earnings is the ability to "upgrade" to Even More Space using a token amount of points? Am I missing something here?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is anyone going for the Mosaic Challenge? I'm trying to justify if Mosaic is worth it. My understanding is that we get no free upgrades to Mint. You get "free" cancellation and changes, but it's not really free because you get travel credit and not your money back, make it basically the same as Southwest airlines... LOL. So the only benefit besides higher earnings is the ability to "upgrade" to Even More Space using a token amount of points? Am I missing something here?
Bags are free.

I am thinking about it, the free change fee is the most appealing thing IMHO.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
No free upgrades, but unofficially if there are EMS seats available and you ask at the gate they will sometimes upgrade you for free (or, as you said you can pay in advance with a token number of points). And that's correct - waiving fees for cancellations and changes doesn't turn the ticket from nonrefundable to refundable, but can be useful - especially when booking awards.

Also useful is the dedicated phone line - comes in very handy during IRROPS, as well as just getting a person on the phone fast when you want to cancel/change flights.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I enjoy the inflight product more than Southwest Airlines, so there's that. Free booze too, if that is your thing.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: Free agent
Free SDC, free bags, Mosaic line.

Makes it completely worth it imo.

Also, better hard product that everyone else in the US.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:23 am

Good to know. I've emailed SW to have a companion pass sent to me- threw it out awhile ago thinking I'd never need it!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I have about 1/2 travel for the challenge already booked already, I do have a rather pricey refundable ticket on AA booked on aa.com that I need to decide if I should move over to B6.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had most of the miles I needed already booked. The remaining will involve changing from an unbooked, originally intended as AA (F) for AS miles, to a mint flight.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Virgin America
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Free SDC, free bags, Mosaic line.

Makes it completely worth it imo.

Also, better hard product that everyone else in the US.
I'll get my money's worth on the free booze alone, but the changes and bags really make it worth it. Along with the booze, are there any snacks or food for free?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by skron
I'll get my money's worth on the free booze alone, but the changes and bags really make it worth it. Along with the booze, are there any snacks or food for free?
Snacks are always free, food (really, snack boxes) are never free. Although if you have the Jetblue card, I believe you get a 50% credit for all in flight purchases.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Virgin America
Cool, thanks. I signed up pretty early, so I hope I get the confirmation soon. I've got a flight in two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.