ATL Expansion

Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
ATL Expansion

Anybody seen any news on where the next JetBlue flights from ATL will be going? With some Google help all I am finding are the original news articles from roughly a year ago saying JFK/FLL/MCO would come in the fall of 2017 but nothing "official" from the airline.

I am one of the disgruntled ATL based fliers tired of DL manipulating prices because of no competition and was BEYOND excited to welcome back JetBlue to ATL and their expansion. No matter how much our local media and Clark Howard said the WN purchase of FL would be great for ATL I knew what is currently going on would happen. DL does not treat WN as a competitor like they did with FL and prices sky rocketed and service tanked in ATL because honestly DL didnt have to care anymore. (WN does not have 2 class service like B6 & FL do/did)

Anyways long winded rant about me tired of being used by DL, and excited for B6 to give DL a run for their money.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
They need to move into a permanent home at ATL first. Right now they're at a temporary gate.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:29 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I think they're waiting to see how the summer goes, after the promotional fares cease to exist. It's crazy but their flights actually seem to be going out relatively empty. I love Delta but $450 rt to Boston is killing me.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The flights haven't been empty in my experience. I think they're still doing well even if every flight isn't completely full.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I know B6 is expanding their mint product but I still wouldn't call them a two class airline like the legacy 3. I don't see a 2 class product becoming the new B6 strategy but rather reserved for the transcon and some international flights with a premium demand (hoping for some JFK-FLL-LIM/GRU/EZE with mint options to open up).
Though their economy product is the best domestic and EMS seats are a nice reasonably priced option.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: GE
Lots of ATL-BOS flights next week with only EMS available for sale. Surely B6 must be happy with that.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
Lots of ATL-BOS flights next week with only EMS available for sale. Surely B6 must be happy with that.
I wonder how the yields are on those. The prices seem to have gone up, but there still a lot of $66 O/W prices further out.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Anybody seen any news on where the next JetBlue flights from ATL will be going? With some Google help all I am finding are the original news articles from roughly a year ago saying JFK/FLL/MCO would come in the fall of 2017 but nothing "official" from the airline.

I am one of the disgruntled ATL based fliers tired of DL manipulating prices because of no competition and was BEYOND excited to welcome back JetBlue to ATL and their expansion. No matter how much our local media and Clark Howard said the WN purchase of FL would be great for ATL I knew what is currently going on would happen. DL does not treat WN as a competitor like they did with FL and prices sky rocketed and service tanked in ATL because honestly DL didnt have to care anymore. (WN does not have 2 class service like B6 & FL do/did)

Anyways long winded rant about me tired of being used by DL, and excited for B6 to give DL a run for their money.
Anyone against DL is a hero in my book.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
It looks like they will be adding 2 flights per day to JFK and FLL plus one flight to MCO beginning March 8, 2018.

Per Business Insider:
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AMflier
It looks like they will be adding 2 flights per day to JFK and FLL plus one flight to MCO beginning March 8, 2018.

Per Business Insider:
Uh-oh! Delta will be big pissed with JetBlue again. They will not be happy about JetBlue in ATL. Surely, they can stay at ATL for a long time. As long if they have enough more competitive.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Did not have to look hard, its right on B6's website. Official press release.

http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/j...1&newsid=47472

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.