Wiki Posts
Search

First Jet Blue Experience

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
First Jet Blue Experience

So, I booked SEA - BOS - ACK for last Thursday night's redeye to Nantucket. Got an alert that afternoon on a 90 minute delay because if Logan runway situation, cutting my connection down to 35 minutes. Check-in agent at SEA was optimistic that I'd still make the second flight, even though it was now a 20 minute gap. Yeah well . . .

No sooner had I sat down in the Priority Pass lounge when B6 called: "Looks like your BOS connection is toast, get over to the JFK boarding gate NOW for new bp's!" After sprinting like OJ through the concourse, I blurted out "Scrounger ... Boston flight" with a reply of "We've been expecting you, let's get to work on your re-assignment." Was I expecting too much in thinking the check-in agent should've been the one to do that in the first place?

Gate agent saved my EMS status on both, though JFK was a middle seat. At least I think she did: 3B on the 321 seemed like regular coach pitch to me. The seat was gawdawfully uncomfortable! I spent much of the time squirming. I was pleased that there was a power port at least. Not so pleased that the Wi-Fi was down (full screen error message). Was automatically given a full can of soda, which was nice, but didn't see the snacks until I'd drunk more than half of it. Was advised later "That's normal (for them), bring some with you."

40 minutes at JFK was plenty of time for the connection to ACK. EMS seat on the 190 had loads of room. By the time I finished my coffee we were approaching the island. Yes, my bag made it as well!

The uncomfortable seat was the worst part; the down Wi-Fi was merely disappointing. Staff were terrific! Was my transcon seat really EMS? If not, should I request a refund?

I have the BOS itinerary booked again for late July, after the runway work is completed.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Was I expecting too much in thinking the check-in agent should've been the one to do that in the first place?

The uncomfortable seat was the worst part; the down Wi-Fi was merely disappointing. Staff were terrific! Was my transcon seat really EMS? If not, should I request a refund?
Hi welcome to the club. It sounds like the delay was a "work in progress" after you got to the airport so how would the check-in agent have known your connection would end up being too tight?

In general, I find the A321 Core seats to be uncomfortable on flights longer than 2.5 hours. I can only fly in an EMS seat on those flights and usually with something behind my lower back. This from someone who regularly does barre class and other core work.

As for your seat, there are currently 2 configurations of the Core A321 as they get switched over to the new configuration. So it's entirely possible your seat was a regular Core seat. Were the overhead bins labeled as EMS?

I flew on a redeye in March that also didn't have functioning FlyFi. They tried numerous resets to no avail. Disappointing yes but my LiveMap worked so that made me happy.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
there are currently 2 configurations of the Core A321 as they get switched over to the new configuration.
Conversions completed AFAIK.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks for the input! I didn't use the overhead bins, nor notice that they were specifically marked as EMS. When I checked in, the connection was down to 20 minutes which I think is less than "legal" for actual sale? Agent basically foisted it off as "Boston's problem, not ours."
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Greetings from BOS!

Wanted to bump this thread as my second trip last night was somewhat better than my chaotic first one. They called Mosaics, so I was pretty much the only one to board for about a full 5 to 10 minutes; FA later told me there were two of us. Middle EMS seat empty was nice, too bad no power at 320 seats. Had the sparkling wine, which was vile, oh well!

Surprised that there was no second service at all on a transcon redeye, not even an offer of coffee or juice for those awake?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:21 am

Greetings from BOS!

Wanted to bump this thread as my second trip last night was somewhat better than my chaotic first one. They called Mosaics, so I was pretty much the only one to board for about a full 5 to 10 minutes; FA later told me there were two of us. Middle EMS seat empty was nice, too bad no power at 320 seats. Had the sparkling wine, which was vile, oh well!

Surprised that there was no second service at all on a transcon redeye, not even an offer of coffee or juice for those awake?
I think if you ask them, they will provide it. Maybe they don't want to wake up other passengers.
I sometimes just ask them for a couple of bottles when I get on the plane or when they are serving.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I think this depends on the crew. They usually will come around a 2nd time closer to landing and ask if you want anything else. They also have the stuff out in the galleys for self-service. I've even seen them walk around mid-flight with bottles of water as they do on any transcon. But again seems to be at crew discretion IME. Too bad it's not consistent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.