Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Same Group Different Fare Option

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Travelling in a group of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) and we only need to check in 1 bag. Is it possible to book with 1 Blue Plus and the other 3 as Blue?

Or is it better to book all 4 as "Blue" and pay the checked bag fee?

Or should I make 2 separate bookings - 1st booking with 1 Blue Plus and 2nd booking with 3 Blue?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
I've only been able to do it by making 2 separate bookings. Just make sure the single reservation is for one of the adults or you may run into unaccompanied minor issues.

Has anyone else been able to do this on one reservation?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Travelling in a group of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) and we only need to check in 1 bag. Is it possible to book with 1 Blue Plus and the other 3 as Blue?

Or is it better to book all 4 as "Blue" and pay the checked bag fee?

Or should I make 2 separate bookings - 1st booking with 1 Blue Plus and 2nd booking with 3 Blue?
I would call in and see. They may be able to upgrade a single pax on the PNR on their end. I've never seen a way to do it via website.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I would call in and see. They may be able to upgrade a single pax on the PNR on their end. I've never seen a way to do it via website.
Fare families are on a fare basis code level so they should be able to exchange one ticket to plus. I think the savings is only $2 so it might not be worth the time.

Last edited by audio-nut; Mar 8, 2017 at 1:47 am
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Different fare basis on the same PNR is generally not possible so don't expect that to work out. And each of the family options is a different fare basis AFAIK.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Different fare basis on the same PNR is generally not possible so don't expect that to work out. And each of the family options is a different fare basis AFAIK.
Why not? FBC is at a ticket level, not a PNR level.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by audio-nut
Why not? FBC is at a ticket level, not a PNR level.
Typically all tickets in a PNR must have the same fare basis. I don't believe JetBlue is any different in that regard, particularly since it is using Sabre now.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Typically all tickets in a PNR must have the same fare basis. I don't believe JetBlue is any different in that regard, particularly since it is using Sabre now.
I agree, typically they are. All pax are required to use the same RBD but I can't imagine a system limitation that says they can't use different FBCs.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Can't you just add the bag at the airport kiosk? I thought that was the same price as pre-paying online.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
Can't you just add the bag at the airport kiosk? I thought that was the same price as pre-paying online.
This would be the most practical option, either during online check-in or kiosk. I did it in a reservation with 6 persons; adding bags for 3 persons and leaving the other 3 to pay for their own bags if needed.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
This would be the most practical option, either during online check-in or kiosk. I did it in a reservation with 6 persons; adding bags for 3 persons and leaving the other 3 to pay for their own bags if needed.
I think that will be the most practical for me. Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.