Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Given Out Like Water

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue

Has anyone else seen this? JetBlue is giving Mosaic out to everyone at UTC. If they do this how can Mosaic be considered loyalty program?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Andrewmorse
Has anyone else seen this? JetBlue is giving Mosaic out to everyone at UTC. If they do this how can Mosaic be considered loyalty program?
I have no clue what you're talking about?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sounds like a corporate match to everyone at United Technologies, a major company based in Boston. It is a common marketing offer from airlines in securing corporate contracts/business. It will likely result in a few more Mosaics boarding at BOS but I would not expect the overall impact on day-to-day travel experiences to be all that great, mostly because there are scant day-to-day benefits that would be interfered with by others (e.g. upgrade waitlist priority).
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
So what? If JetBlue gets a big corporate contract they do as airlines do and give out status. Mosaic, as far as status goes, is nearly meaningless. It doesn't offer complimentary upgrades (even to EMS seats!) or anything particularly stellar as far privileges go.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by caliform
So what? If JetBlue gets a big corporate contract they do as airlines do and give out status. Mosaic, as far as status goes, is nearly meaningless. It doesn't offer complimentary upgrades (even to EMS seats!) or anything particularly stellar as far privileges go.
Our firm receives complimentary Mosaic status as well, but even with that I haven't noticed a huge saturation in Mosaics. It may because I'm on the west coast, but I've been the only Mosaic on 7/8 of my last flights.

Mosaic is somewhat weaker than other airline elite statuses, but with regards to complimentary upgrades, I've received complimentary upgrades to EMS on every one of my flights last year as a Mosaic. Its not a published benefit, so I don't insist on receiving an upgrade, but every time I've asked for it I've received it, or occasionally been called to the counter and handed a new boarding pass. While the published benefits of Mosaic might be somewhat weak, I've found the service to be excellent.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Legacy airlines will grant status to companies with high value contracts as well. This is nothing new.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Service is indeed excellent, but it's not a published perk. Interesting observation regarding the lack of Mosaics, I see the same on the West Coast. Very, very few.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: GE
90% of those people who get elite status through corporate probably fly JetBlue maybe once, twice per year at most.

While they might appreciate the perk when they do fly, by definition, people who don't fly a lot aren't going to saturate the dedicated mosaic lines, phone reps, early boarding, etc.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
For me the key benefit to Mosaic is the waived change fees. I have used a lot when my plans changed/price goes down or better options become available. As a result I will choose B6 when the fares are higher because of this flexibility.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Most carriers offer "status" as part of corporate contracts. B6 doesn't have much to offer, so this is about it.

It's a way of providing fee-free changes to better customers and a company spending $Millions is a "better customer," likely better than OP !
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
My company also gives Mosaic to all employees. Prior years it was a limited number, not sure how many, but this year it's open to all that request it.

We have about 45k employees and are Boston based with locations in other B6 cities.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Also as an observation...On short routes that are business traveller heavy, e.g. early flights from BOS->BWI, I have been on flights where more pax have Mosaic than those that do not. It seemed odd to me, although I do not know if other airlines have the same situation.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: Free agent
It's FAR more prevalent on the legacies to see shuttle flights almost entirely of high status pax.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: GE
Elite programs are designed to target those flyers. Just look at the usual benefits like free bags, priority checkin/security, no change fees, free same day standby, elite qualifying segments (not just miles).

It all screams "choose us to commute 1 hr." It's how airlines compete on these low margin commodity routes with 4 different carriers offering the same thing, without having to lower the price.

Surely we all might dream of having some kind of exec plat status and getting complimentary upgrades on intl long haul. But all the other elite perks are rounding error for those flights. Almost no one is going to choose airline based off of avoiding $25 checked bag fee or waiting 10 extra mins in line for a $1.5k 10 hr itinerary.

Free same-day standby on your flight to Tokyo? Probably not much use.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bevnetcraven
Also as an observation...On short routes that are business traveller heavy, e.g. early flights from BOS->BWI, I have been on flights where more pax have Mosaic than those that do not. It seemed odd to me, although I do not know if other airlines have the same situation.
I've never had even close to this type of experience on B6. I fly on the JFK-ORD route several times a year which is a very heavy business route and most Mosaics I've had has been 3.

Most Mosaics I've ever had on a flight with me was 5 from JFK-AUS. It was so odd that we were all questioning one another in the gate area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.