Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Booked tickets with TrueBlue Points now price drop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

I booked a ticket using TrueBlue Points in November but the price has dropped and thus costs less points. I found wording where it says they will price guarantee a flight within 14 days if you paid cash for it. But what about if I used points? Is it still only 14 days or can I still request the difference back in points?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
I know of no such JetBlue policy, regardless of the form of payment. Where did you find this statement?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

On various blogs and on their own website
http://www.jetblue.com/travel-agents/lower-fare/
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: Free agent
You should call them and ask. I highly doubt you'll get anything back but that's your best move.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL GM
The same thing happened to me. I called and they said it would cost $70 per ticket to change my flight. I'm still holding out that there is a way to get the lower points fare. If I had known I would have waited. I was worried the flight would go up in points not down.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrTheo
The same thing happened to me. I called and they said it would cost $70 per ticket to change my flight. I'm still holding out that there is a way to get the lower points fare. If I had known I would have waited. I was worried the flight would go up in points not down.
Ya... I know... let me know if you find out that there is a way to get the points back for a lowered price ticket.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
You can get a free adjustment if you're Mosaic. Otherwise, it's treated the same way as a cash ticket.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by MrTheo
If I had known I would have waited. I was worried the flight would go up in points not down.
Isn't that always the reason to buy?? Same as when you pay cash.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by zhaofa90
You can get a free adjustment if you're Mosaic. Otherwise, it's treated the same way as a cash ticket.
Bumping a dead thread for a data point - they still (as of today) will do a points adjustment for Mosaic customers.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drew502
Bumping a dead thread for a data point - they still (as of today) will do a points adjustment for Mosaic customers.
Of course they will. And for cash tix, too. It is a published benefit of the Mosaic program.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by drew502
Even if they didn't, you could always just cancel and rebook with Mosaic
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Al the time for mosiac, I change and rebook my tickets all the time. I got a funny look from the get agents the last time though since i'd done changes like 6 times on one ticket. I think i'll just cancel and rebook going forward!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I am not mosiac any more but I am at the 5 day boundary. Have anyone succeeded in doing so?
UPDATE: succeeded after a call. You can't do it online.

Last edited by zig2; Jan 29, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.