Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Priority boarding / even more space or mosaic

Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM

Anyone know why jetblue doesn't have priority lanes at the gate, so that priority boarding would be accessible? Are there any plans to install them?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
At most airports it is not needed. There are still not that many Mosaics. I have been on many flights where I was the only one that boarded when Mosaics were called.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
It's needed because of everyone else blocking the gate, and also to allow elites to go to the front of the line if boarding has already started
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
It's needed because of everyone else blocking the gate, and also to allow elites to go to the front of the line if boarding has already started
I agree that many NYC & BOS flights (in particular) could use a dedicated Mosaic line. I'd guess part of the reasoning that JB doesn't offer it is that (while it's admittedly helpful for some) it creates the two-tier system of air travel that they're trying to avoid. Many JB customers pay more to avoid DL, UA & AA because, unlike those airlines, they get good customer service and are treated well at JB. Creating what are essentially VIP & everyone else lines would hurt that image.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
B6 does not do this, even on elite-heavy routes, because it runs contrary to its brand image which is that it is still a fun-loving LCC catering to the masses.

That is why it does not call Mosaics "elites" and it does not market MINT as J or "Business Class."

The solution to the gate lice at the beginning of boarding is simply to make an announcement that "we're going to ask everyone to take a step back and we will hold boarding until everyone is back at ...." Even the morons eventually succumb to peer pressure.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I fly Between IAD and JFK most weeks. I'm often the only Mosaic on board. The lane wouldn't matter as you never know when they are going to board. I don't know why they bother posting a boarding time since they don't stick to it. That said, B6 has been paying more attention to a Mosaics lately and my experience has been improving. A dedicated lane wouldn't impress me.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I flew JetBlue for the 1st time in years about 2 weeks ago between JFK and FLL and was stunned by the boarding and deboarding procedures.

I was shocked that the FAs instructed us to stow our bags in the first open overhead bin we saw and to "know the row" after the plane landed so we would remember where to retrieve the bags. I sat up front (even more space seats) and saw people very upset that there was no room for their bags in the bins over their seats. Why the FAs would begin a flight making people furious was astounding. This 'know the row' mantra for stowing bags in the overhead bins was instructed on both of my flights.

On my flight to FLL only, at arrival, passengers had to wait for every wheel-chair passenger to disembark one at a time. I've never been on a flight in which those needing extra assistance particularly those in wheel chairs didn't deboard after everyone else did. This did not happen on my return flight to JFK. When it was time for everyone to deboard, pax were moving toward the back of the plane to retrieve their bags as others were trying to leave the plane. It was a mess.

I am no longer a fan of JetBlue.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Analise
I flew JetBlue for the 1st time in years about 2 weeks ago between JFK and FLL and was stunned by the boarding and deboarding procedures.

I was shocked that the FAs instructed us to stow our bags in the first open overhead bin we saw and to "know the row" after the plane landed so we would remember where to retrieve the bags. I sat up front (even more space seats) and saw people very upset that there was no room for their bags in the bins over their seats. Why the FAs would begin a flight making people furious was astounding. This 'know the row' mantra for stowing bags in the overhead bins was instructed on both of my flights.

On my flight to FLL only, at arrival, passengers had to wait for every wheel-chair passenger to disembark one at a time. I've never been on a flight in which those needing extra assistance particularly those in wheel chairs didn't deboard after everyone else did. This did not happen on my return flight to JFK. When it was time for everyone to deboard, pax were moving toward the back of the plane to retrieve their bags as others were trying to leave the plane. It was a mess.

This sounds horrific. B6 FAs should know better.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:53 am

It was a mess.
Neither of those things is normal nor per company policy.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Free agent
All wheelchairs are unloaded at the end per B6 policy. That's a big gaffe by the ground team to do that. Especially in FLL where there are more wheelchairs than usual.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I agree with the others that B6 doesn't have enough Mosaics to justify this. The most I've ever flown with was 5 Mosaics on 1 flight and that was a rarity. It's almost 1-2, maybe 3.

I disagree with the others that the reason there aren't Priority lanes is due to brand image. If that were the case, there wouldn't be Mosaic dedicated lines at the ticket counter or Priority bag tagging.

In terms of Mosaics going to the front of the line to board, I've been on many boarding lines contaminated by gate lice(I spend a lot of time in Orlando). When they call Mosaics, I simply loudly say "excuse me" or "Are you a Mosaic?" and walk up to the front of the line and board. Problem solved.

I have also seen gate agents increasingly tell the gate lice to move before they start the boarding process. If you're consistently not seeing this or not seeing it done effectively, I suggest you email JetBlue feedback as they will fix it.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver

I fly almost 100,000 miles a year on JetBlue. I have never experienced either of these situations. The only I have seen is them asking for volunteers to gate check bags when a flight is full.

Were these particular flights full? Were the folks being told to do this at the beginning or the end of the boarding process?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
All wheelchairs are unloaded at the end per B6 policy. That's a big gaffe by the ground team to do that. Especially in FLL where there are more wheelchairs than usual.
There were 9 people in wheelchairs.

Originally Posted by sbm12
Neither of those things is normal nor per company policy.
I hope so. Roundtrip of FAs repeating "know the row" in terms of telling people to stow their luggage at the first overhead bin they see en route to their seats seemed outrageous.

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I fly almost 100,000 miles a year on JetBlue. I have never experienced either of these situations. The only I have seen is them asking for volunteers to gate check bags when a flight is full.
I did hear requests for pax to gate check their bags.

Were these particular flights full? Were the folks being told to do this at the beginning or the end of the boarding process?
Yes, both flights were completely filled. I sat down in the beginning of the boarding process on both flights as I paid extra for the more-room-up-front seats. The FAs instructed passengers from the beginning to "know the row" and they were saying it almost as a jingle to get pax to stow their bags at the first available overhead compartments they saw and then walk back to their seats. They told people to do this as quickly as they could so they could see keep walking to their seats and thereby clear the aisle.

On the flight back, the captain of the flight got on the microphone and kept repeating "know the row, know the row" mantra. He then introduced himself as Charlie, a married man with 5 children who wants to make sure everybody on the flight is happy so they will fly JetBlue again, JetBlue will make more money and continue to provide generous healthcare benefits for his 5 children who need it. This was absolutely odd.

I have one more flight on JetBlue between JFK and BOS on New Year's Day as the airfare was just $43. I'm done with them after that.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: Continental
I am taking my first jetblue flight in a couple of weeks, SF0-JFK.
What is the boarding process that they use?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by hockey7711
I am taking my first jetblue flight in a couple of weeks, SF0-JFK.
What is the boarding process that they use?
Mint/Mosaic, EMS, Back to front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.