Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

IAD-JFK (Jetblue) JFK-Lisbon (TAP) - will bags go through?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Hello - I separately bought tickets for IAD to JFK (on Jetblue) and then JFK to Lisbon (on TAP). There is an interline agreement between these airlines. Will my bags go through to Lisbon when I check-in at IAD? When I wrote Jet Blue, they acknowledged the interline agreement but said: "Keep in mind that you may need to collect your bags for screening through customs in JFK and recheck the bag with TAP, depending on airport procedures."
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe.

Official policy is no because you booked as separate tickets. But ask at IAD and they might be able to make it work. Technically it is possible AFAIK. It won't be a function of the Customs policies noted in that quote but of whether the agent can get the tag printed for the full itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.