Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Can't select seats at all for a flight booked on the chase ultimate rewards portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't select seats at all for a flight booked on the chase ultimate rewards portal?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Any ideas? I booked a flight for June 2017 (JFK >> sfo) using ultimate reward points on their portal. I have the confirmation number, but when I plug it in it tells me that seats are not assignable on this flight and would be assigned at the gate. Seems very unlikely that a flight in June both directions would be filled up so far out. Any ideas? Was going to call jet blue tomorrow but figured I'd ask here first before I wasted my time on hold.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

I ended up just calling and they were able to select seats for me. Didn't really know why I couldn't do it online myself but thought it probably had something to do with the fact I booked via a 3rd party site
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:21 pm

Flights booked via a 3rd party site, whether it's through Chase or Citi, will have problems popping up on your trueblue account. I've had to call them to make sure my flight gets posted on my flights.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:06 pm

Oddly enough the flights show up on the JetBlue app but not the website and no you can't buy ems or change seats without calling.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL, UA, SPG, HH
I booked 3 flights using Chase Ultimate Rewards on B6 and was able to change seats. Though you have to wait about 30 minutes after buying the flight through the Chase UR portal for the information to sync. Then you can take the confirmation ID off the reservation and go to Manage Flights on Jetblue.com and then enter in the confirmation ID and you're last name. You'll be able to change your seat.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:01 am

Booked a flight yesterday through the portal and the reservation showed up immediately on the Jblue app - but not the website. Logged on this morning and the website still doesn't show this flight nor a flight I booked through the portal in November. I entered the airline confirmation code to both and still a no go, the app shows both reservations but will not allow seat selection or EMS upgrade availability so I will have to call them ( again )
Not a huge issue but it would be nice to change seats etc without having to call, the csr on the phone with B6 last time stated this is common with 3rd party reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.