Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

4 roundtrips to Mosaic - cheapest way to do it? Worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.

I have a Blue Inc. challenge offer from JetBlue where I can achieve Mosaic if I do 4 RTs (or 8 one-ways) between now and December 31.

I have several trips planned already (I fly Jetblue at least 10-20 times a year, so I'd like the status) but I am not sure if the offer applies to existing bookings - they mention:

"Registration window 9/8/2016 through 9/13/2016. Traveler must register at Blue Inc. before first booking and must complete four (4) roundtrips or eight (8) one-way trips on or after 9/8/2016 and before 12/31/2016. Eligible for new bookings only. Bookings must be made on blueinc.jetblue.com. Offer does not apply to non-revenue travel (e.g. travel booked with a travel certificate, TrueBlue award flights, etc.)"

So unlikely that the two flights I am doing this month qualify.

I'm thinking about how easy or cheap it would be to do this out of SFO. The cheapest / quickest routes are SFO-LGB and SFO-LAS - would it be worth doing two or three 'segment runs' to get Mosaic?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The main benefit of the Mosaic status is, IMO, fee-free changes for all your tickets. I use that a lot. If you'd get value from it than investing a few hundred dollars today to benefit next year might make sense. If not, save your time and money.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:17 am

In addition to the fee-free changes, I've also had 100% success in upgrading to even more space seats when available for no charge at the gate. This makes trans-con flights much more bearable than they would otherwise be. I'm not sure I'll hit it again for next year, but if I was flying them more than 1x a month I would definitely aim for it.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:06 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Thanks folks, think I'll do some extra flights for this one.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
IMO, it's definitely worth it if you're flying 10-20 flights a year at least. You can also upgrade to EMS using points as a Mosaic. I love that as a lot of times the point value ends up being better than the cash value.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:42 pm

Free same day change is a huge perk. Book the cheap 6am flight and fly whichever time you want that day. You can even change to local airports within the area.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:56 am

Is this a public challenge? I'd be pretty excited - 4x PWM-JFK-PWM can be done for under $500, and would be totally worth it just for the waived change fees.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:23 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Is this a public challenge? I'd be pretty excited - 4x PWM-JFK-PWM can be done for under $500, and would be totally worth it just for the waived change fees.
It might be, but it is for Blue Inc. only. Not sure if enrollment is still open. Call 'em up?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It was a Blue Inc. challenge but that program is public. Problem is that sign-up closed last week IIRC.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
It might be, but it is for Blue Inc. only. Not sure if enrollment is still open. Call 'em up?
Originally Posted by sbm12
It was a Blue Inc. challenge but that program is public. Problem is that sign-up closed last week IIRC.
DOH!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:37 pm

If you have some extra time, you might find even cheaper options if you originate from JFK. They are running certain cities around $40-$50 o/w.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by pchong8
Free same day change is a huge perk. Book the cheap 6am flight and fly whichever time you want that day. You can even change to local airports within the area.
Have you actually done this? Seems like you could get kinda screwed here if there are no more seats, especially if you are a party of 2+.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
If you have some extra time, you might find even cheaper options if you originate from JFK. They are running certain cities around $40-$50 o/w.
I could position, but right now it wouldn't make sense since I live right near PWM. PWM-JFK RT is sometimes $101:

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...7,JFKPWM0B6208

I'm kicking myself for missing the boat on this challenge. Most of my travel is leisure, with my family on one itinerary, and we'd use that fee waiver.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
Have you actually done this? Seems like you could get kinda screwed here if there are no more seats, especially if you are a party of 2+.
I just did it last week and had ample options later in the day for my party of 2. Of course it was a route that had multiple flights per day as well.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:48 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does same day change book into any available seat or is it capacity controlled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.